planning a home water birth, help with list please!

t33cup

mum of one and expecting
Reaction score
I'm planning a home waterbirth, my mw has booked me in for a home visit and I want to sound prepared and like I know what to expect.
I know how I want it to be, but am unprepared with the exact equipment and how to use it?
when do you fill the pool up?
how long will it stay at the required temperature for?
what exactly do I need? I have an idea that probably a waterproof sheet and plenty of towels? apart from my candles, music, and meditations is everything else pretty much the same?
Anyone with a list or advice who has done this before I would be greatful for a response xx

a lot of it depends what pool you use - some of the heated ones can be filled a few days or even weeks in advance where as the inflatable ones cannot keep the same water for more than 24 hours due to bacteria growth

hi thanks for replying sam :) Im using an inflatable 'birth pool in a box' as only one everyone (nct/mothercare etc) recommends, planning a home water birth, I have been reading up and the temperature isnt as much of an issue as i thought, as long as it isnt above 37oc.

yep its fine, and even without a cover they only lose approx 1 degree an hour so with a cover it will be even less :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->