Planning on trying for number 3 - am desperate for a girl any advice!?!

emmieloulous

Mum of 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
My husband and i are really really lucky to have 2 beautiful little boys. One who is 3 and the other who is 9 months. From the moment i had my youngest i have been broody and desperate to have another baby. We had initially planned to have at least a 2 year age gap, but we have settled on trying whilst we are on holiday later this month.

Having had 2 boys already we are fully prepared for the fact that it is likely to be another boy, which is fine. The only problem is that we are both desperate for a little girl. We are not thinking of trying for number 3 just because we want a little girl, we adore our children and just want to extend our family and have another baby.

But i end up finding myself feeling really guilty for being so desperate to have a little girl. I don't feel like my family will be complete until we have one. I actually get quite tearful when i see all the beautiful little girl things in the shops.

Nothing at all takes away from the fact of how much i love my boys, but no one seems to understand how i feel. Most of my friends have an opinion! So we are going to try and use all the old wives tales we have heard to see if we can get our daughter. As i say we will love another baby either way but fingers crossed i get a girl this time.

Does anyone else feel like this, favouring one gender and any tips on how to get a girl? I know nothing is guarenteed but i will try as much as i can!! :winkwink:

hey i feel exactly the same my boys are 3 1/2 and 20mths i just lost our 3rd baby last month and were goin to try in about 3mths as i want to lose some weight b4 i fall pg again. everytime i see a lil girl at the shops i feel sad cause i so want to have a daughter..ever since i was lil i wanted a baby girl..i get upset when im at home watchin birth shows and seein someone give birth to there daughter i just wish that was me.

im goin to start takin calcium and magnesium tablets and avoid sodium and potassium i think it is cause thats for a boy..also goin to douche with vinegar and water b4 we baby dance..atm im still lookin up stuff to try but im desperate for a girl as this could be our last baby i want to make sure i try my hardest to get a girl.

do some research online theres heaps of stuff about it.

good luck

It's all to do with the acidity of the environment and stuff, like pp said, there's lots on google :)

yeah I heard that your more likely to have a girl if your more acid or alkali etc which happens at different times during ovulation ... prob best asking in TTC, i remember people talking about it when i was TTC last time.

I know how you feel, i want another little boy next time but would then love a girl for my thrid, although i would be happy with whatever. :D

Get a book on the Shettles method, I've heard that it's really effective. It's all to do with timing before ovulation and positioning and tells you how to conceive your desired sex. Good luck!

I have done a bit of research and also checked with the other Mums at my toddler group and it would appear that any of their partners with whom they have had girls have all worn pants as opposed to boxers. I think it may have something to do with the warmth of their bits. Has anyone else heard this?

We are going to Florida on holiday, so instead of me thinking about entertaining the children i will need to be taking the vinegar, tight pants, ovulation sticks etc etc - lol. The things we do for children eh!?!

I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for a healthy little girl. But having suffered a MC between DS1 and DS2 i am paranoid that something will go wrong again and beating myself up that i am being greedy wanting a girl when i should be grateful for having a little baby.

wearing tight pants is suppose to lessen his sperm count as the sperm die when its to hot for them..but there is some info that say if u want a girl to do that also cause apparently those men that have low sperm count are more likely to have more girl sperm then male??

men can have a hot bath b4 sex also..but im just goin to focus on me not sure if dp will do anythin to help lol..so im just goin to make sure iv got acidic conditions and im not sure yet if im goin to stop 2 days b4 Ov as i read something the other day that contradicts that..so im just goin to research more i have plenty of time still lol..

i know how u feel i want a baby girl so badly and after just losin a baby a part of me just wants a baby doesnt matter wat sex but there is a big part of me that desires a girl so much..take care and i hope u get ur lil girl :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->