Plans for the Olympic opening ceremony..

Reaction score
So what do you think of them then :thumbup:

I've just been reading about them and my thoughts are a bit mixed, I have to admit my initial thought was :wacko:
On the model it looks a bit naff but I'm sure it will be great on the night and I'm really intrigued now as to how it will all look and turn out :D

For anyone that may not have read about the plans:

The ceremony is based around a British country theme. As such it will include:

A real grass set with an oak tree, sheep, horses, cows, chickens, ducks, geese, sheepdogs and artificial clouds suspended from the stadium roof. The clouds will produce rain as the British weather is deemed too fickle to rely on.
Two mosh pits, one for Glastonbury and one for Last Night of the Proms. Both will be filled with members of the public.
The biggest bell in Europe inscribed with a quote from Shakespeare "Be not afeard, the isle is full of noises."

It explains more in this link https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18392025

Would like to hear you thoughts :)

xx

Sorry my thread title was suposed to say Olympics not Olympic..lol

I absolutely love it and completely forgot Danny Dyer was doing it, I think he is a genius.

I was expecting we were going to have something really cliched like someone singing on a double decker bus with a bunch of other novelty landmarks and loads of BGT style street dancers. This is actually brilliant and the first thing i've been excited about that's Olympics related. The best thing is that it's so undeniably British; ahh I can't wait to see the rain clouds!

Yeah the clouds sound like they will be pretty amazing. Let's just hope it doesn't rain for real though, it will just ruin it won't it I'd imagine :(

I like the fact they are going to have 900 children from various schools there too. What an amazing experience that will be for them :)

Not long to wait now either, I can't believe it's come round so quick. Only seems like yesterday we won the bid to host it!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->