Planting Pumpkin Seeds (TTC Sept/Oct 2011)

SpiderLady

Expecting baby #3
Reaction score
images (5).jpg

Well ladies, I know there is the spring lambs and the winter wonderfuls, and even a summer thread - but how about those of us WTT in the Autumn months (sorry guys from Auz, I know it's spring for you lol)? Here's a special thread for us. I know pumpkin is an aumtun veg, just thinking of the seeds from it being planted. It's either that or hoping to Fall in Fall.

Roll Call

August/Sept ~ Ashley (BabyMaybe917)

September ~ Jo (SpiderLady)

Sept/October ~ Jodi (Mum2Micah)

October ~ PuppyMom
~ Charlie (MissBroody)
~ PrincessKay

:dust::dust:

Let's start things off getting to know each other:

Name Jo
Age 26
Partner Tommy (36 next month)
How long together? Dating for nearly 2 years, together seriosuly since sept 2010 and just moved in together :)
Children? Yelina (4) and Blake (2) (both from previous relationships) and Tommy has Nicole (15), she comes to visit but does not live with us

and most importantly, waiting to try in? Beginning september :)

x

Hiya let me introduce myself!
Name Jodi
Age 31
How long together I have been married to my man for 6 years
Children ds1 is 3 and ds2 is 14months
Ttc in sept/ Oct!

Let's hope a few lovely ladies jump on board!!

Planting Pumpkin Seeds is adorable! Can I join here? I originally thought I would be TTC this summer in August but after re-calculating it will be August 22nd or after before we start TTC (cycle may push back further). So I think this thread might be more appropriate for possible bump buddies :)

Name Ashley
Age 23 (24 in Sept)
How long together? we have been together for nearly 6 yrs in May and married for 5 in August!
Children? this will be our first
and most importantly, waiting to try in? end August/ beginning September

Welcome ash! We can try keep each other sane while wtt :)

Hiya Jodi, glad you found it - and welcome Ashley :)

So exciting to have people to talk to who are WTT at the same time :) (and hopefully TTC and bump buddies too :) )

How we all feeling today? I'm feeling better than yesterday - I convinced myself to test, as I'd be feeling tired a lot recently and a little sick. I'm still on my mini-pill so no way was I going to get a BFP, but I still cried and got upset when I saw the lonely pink testing line and nothing else :(

Which brings me to my next question: What methods are we all using to not get pregnant while WTT? I'm on the mini-pill, but wondering when to stop taking it. After that it will be condoms at the crucial times needed - my friend is sending me her Persona Monitor. It works out when you are ovulating for you and tells you which days to test and which days to use condoms. thought it would be useful for TTC as well as knowing when to use condoms until we are ready

I don't know if you have them in Auz/US but this is the link: https://www.persona.info/uk/index.php

Looking forward to using it :) x

Yeah looking fwd to having chickadees to talk to.
I'm feeling ok. Just finished a mc so feeling tired and bit yuk :(
Sorry you got a bit upset with one pink line :hugs: it is horrible because an accident would be nice.
This mc was an unplanned pregnancy and was nice to have no stress attached leading up to the bfp.
Contraception wise none apart from dodging days around ov, didn't quite work last time but usually does. Prob going to have to use condoms:dohh: hate them!

That persona looks great but we don't get it here I don't think.

Hiya Jodi, glad you found it - and welcome Ashley :)

So exciting to have people to talk to who are WTT at the same time :) (and hopefully TTC and bump buddies too :) )

How we all feeling today? I'm feeling better than yesterday - I convinced myself to test, as I'd be feeling tired a lot recently and a little sick. I'm still on my mini-pill so no way was I going to get a BFP, but I still cried and got upset when I saw the lonely pink testing line and nothing else :(

Which brings me to my next question: What methods are we all using to not get pregnant while WTT? I'm on the mini-pill, but wondering when to stop taking it. After that it will be condoms at the crucial times needed - my friend is sending me her Persona Monitor. It works out when you are ovulating for you and tells you which days to test and which days to use condoms. thought it would be useful for TTC as well as knowing when to use condoms until we are ready

I don't know if you have them in Auz/US but this is the link: https://www.persona.info/uk/index.php

Looking forward to using it :) x

Sorry to hear about your BFN. I went through the same thing last week... I came off the pill a few weeks ago and had an oops with DH. I thought just maybe! I knew I wasn't because I haven't seen AF yet since stopping BCP but still had to test. I know it's not the right time but it is still dissapointing!

DH and I use condoms now that I am off BCP. In a few months I plan to start using OPK's because I'm not sure what my cycle is like and I just want to make sure I am ovulating in case I need to see the doctor. Since BCP I see AF maybe 2 times a year! I'm ready to get my cycles straightened out.

BC really messes with your body :( I refuse to go on any type of BC as my body doesn't cope too well. I think we all wish for a whoopsie:blush: to be honest I would like a whoops before sept/Oct but it wouldn't be wise :dohh:

I am on the fence about whether I should be a part of this group or Winter Wonderland, so I've posted to both! We are wtt for #1 until about October, but that'll move into November of course, unless things happen quickly! I'm currently on the pill, and plan to get off that in another few months (3 or 4 more cycles) and then give my body some time to regulate before ttc. I cannot wait!

Hi huni, feel free to post in both lol, I'll add you in for Oct. You never know some of us may go into Nov too. This is just the bit for people waiting to start trying in sept/oct lol.

Jodi am so sorry to hear about your recent mc, I hope you are ok and starting to recover, at least physically, now. I hear you on the BC thing. I am on the mini-pill atm cos the coil (the one with hormones) didn't agree with me, but now I am getting all kids of side effects from the pill. Looks like all the preg symptoms are side effects of it. I was planning on stopping about 3 months before TTC, but have just talked to the other half about it and have decided to stop now. Means longer with condoms, but never mind.

I think I will start charting now then, may as well, I guess the longer I chart for the better I'll get to know my cycle and how regular it is :)

Sooooo: does anyone know anything about this whole charting thing? x

Thanks Hun. We have had some complication with mc so it's still going. My HCG was 700 1 week before mc and had bloods the other day to see if all was finishing and it's up over 3000 so somethings wacky as DH and I haven't BD while miscarriage taking place :( so should get answers today hopefully.
I have never charted before so I can't help :( I have only gone by CM and got pregnant both times first try. I would get too stressed if I tempt everyday. Hopefully someone has an idea to help you out xx

I don't know much about charting... yet! I have the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and plan to follow that. Another board member also gave me an online charting site that she used - https://www.fertilityfriend.com

Awww I like the name! Cannot copy off my phone so will have to type!

Name Charlie
age 26
met partner: together 5 years, married 1
children: this will be our first
trying: in October!

I'm sooo excited!!! Xx

Hey Charlie, good to see you :) Yay, we're getting a few of us in here now. Really nice that we will all be preparing for TTC/TTC together.

Although I have 2 children already, one was conceived (accidentally) while on the pill and the other I was, unbeknown to us, pregnant when we decided to try for him. So never done all the charting and WTT and trying before. So exciting!
I stopped my pill yesterday. Discussed it with Tommy and agreed that the side effects aren't worth it, if am going to be coming off it soon anyway. Have to use condoms all the time for next month or so til I got my cycle figured out, so getting charting now. just waiting for AF to show up so I can make some sense of where I am in cycle :) x

I have really been wanting to get off the pill for a long time - not for ttc, but just to get my body regulated. The symptoms aren't a problem, but I just want to give my body a break and not have to take it every day! I was thinking of stopping in mid-July, giving about 3 months or so to get back on track, but now I'm worried that I'll need more time. Maybe I should stop earlier than that, but then just be very careful until the time comes - opinions?!

I stopped my BCP 3.5 weeks ago. I want it out of my system and who knows how long it will take before I can get regular. I'm very anxious about that though. I haven't seen AF since May and I usually only see her 1-2 times a year. My dr said that was normal for the BCP I was taking though. It's also cheaper to buy enough condoms to BD everynight (not that quite that many are needed) than it is to buy my BCP's. DH was supportive of me wanting to stop taking them and informed me tonight that he is fine with me not taking it again! And... when we discussed again how many children we wanted (it's been between 2-3) he said more than 3 doesn't scare him!!! :)

On a side note... a friend is in labor right now! I'm excited for their new addition but I can't help but think next year it will be me!!!

I am interested so many of you have stopped using bcp. I'd like to come off now to regulate but my AF while off the pill is twice as heavy and twice as painful!!! I actually just had a very small break and having a 'proper AF' now - omg it hurts.

If I didn't have the pain issues I'd def cone off permanantly now. Think I'm going to go back on for about three months then come back off

When is everyone taking folic acid from? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->