PLASTIBELL

kookie

pregnant with no 4
Reaction score
Okay before i start i dont want any critisism and nastiness thanks. We are wanting tyler circumsised and it can only be done in a private hospital costing alot for us but there is an alternative now with the plastibell which is apparently less painful and much safer than the other way has anybody had this procedure done or know anyone who has? heres a bit of info for anyone whos not sure what the plastibell procedure is. thanks girls.

What is the Plastic Circumcision Device?

The Plastic Circumcision Device is a small ring that fits inside the foreskin, over the head of the penis. A ligature (string) is tied on the outside of the foreskin, so that the foreskin is compressed between the ring on the inside and the ligature outside.

Advantages of the Plastic Circumcision Device
There are five (5) advantages of the Plastic Circumcision Device technique

The clamping cuts off the circulation to the foreskin so that it should not bleed.
Because the circulation is cut off, it is difficult for infection to ascend beyond that point.
The clamping also cuts off the nerve supply so that it should be quite painless afterwards.
Because the Plastic Circumcision Device is sitting on the head of the penis, it accurately defines the level at which the circumcision occurs.
No dressings are necessary. You can bathe him normally, and the ring separates of its own accord several days later.

I have no clue - sorry! Not seen anyone else mention it though!

Good luck with the decision you make best for you & baby x

you got to do whats right for u and your baby ppl will have opinons on it its not normal if teh dont do u think you go for PLASTIBELL i have a question only coz im intrigue are all your boys been done? and what are the benefits of it is it for relgions reasons as in the UK not many ppl get it done but i remember a post a few months ago and loads of teh girls from the USA said there men had it done just intertested good luck hunni in what ever u decided xx

you got to do whats right for u and your baby ppl will have opinons on it its not normal if teh dont do u think you go for PLASTIBELL i have a question only coz im intrigue are all your boys been done? and what are the benefits of it is it for relgions reasons as in the UK not many ppl get it done but i remember a post a few months ago and loads of teh girls from the USA said there men had it done just intertested good luck hunni in what ever u decided xx

yep my other 2 boys are done which is why we'd like him done they both had it done the surgical way under anaesthetic at 6 months old and i never had any problem didnt even know the plastibell existed then . I'm actually really stuck on what to do i've read up on the plastibell and while it appears less painful im not keen on that they strap them down to do it and even if it doesnt hurt i dont think i could send my man off into a room to be strapped down with a room full of strangers (they dont let you in)it'd break my heart:cry: Whilst getting him done under aneasthetic is expensive i think it'd be alot less stressfull for him and me and i think i'm more comfortable knowing he's not awake through it. I dont know which way to go i'd rather not do it at all but OH thinks we cant have 2 done 1 not :hissy:

yep my other 2 boys are done which is why we'd like him done they both had it done the surgical way under anaesthetic at 6 months old and i never had any problem didnt even know the plastibell existed then . I'm actually really stuck on what to do i've read up on the plastibell and while it appears less painful im not keen on that they strap them down to do it and even if it doesnt hurt i dont think i could send my man off into a room to be strapped down with a room full of strangers (they dont let you in)it'd break my heart:cry: Whilst getting him done under aneasthetic is expensive i think it'd be alot less stressfull for him and me and i think i'm more comfortable knowing he's not awake through it. I dont know which way to go i'd rather not do it at all but OH thinks we cant have 2 done 1 not :hissy:

:hug: Am just going to say this, you need to be sure that this is what you want done and what is best for you and your little man. I only say this because you don't sound convinced... Just because your other two boys have been done does not concretely mean you need to do it this time around, so if you are uncertain and think you might not want him circumsised then think carefully about it - If it is what you want then there is nothing wrong with not giving him the procedure.

:hugs: Hope you feel better about everything soon

I think she knows that she is going to have this done, I just think she is undecided which route to go.

I would follow your heart. If you want to try the new way then go for it... but if you are going to be stressed or the baby will be stressed, go for the other way... :hugs:

Best of luck :)

I would do it the most comfy for baby and if that means anaethesia then thats the route I'd go down

:hugs:

my lads havent been done and tbh I dont know much about it....

but a friend of mine had her boy done with the plastibell technique when he was just 4 weeks old. She was worried sick about it and got in a right state, but she told me that she was only away from him for no more than 15 mins and when she went to him he was fine no tears nothing, his penis did not bleed and after about 5 days the ring started to fall off and by day 7 she found it in his nappy.

I'm sure you'll do what is best for your wee man , hope everything goes well

thanks girls for all your help and advice we've decided to go with the aneasthtic if i had of been told of the plastibell device when he was younger i probably would have been ok to do it but i couldnt bare to send him off with strangers awake now he's so alert with whats going on.

:hugs: Glad you have decided. Hope all goes well :)

Good luck :) Hope it all goes well x

(and well done on deciding, too! :hugs:)

yeah good luck and hope it all goes well too :hug:

i think youve chosen right btw due to his age ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->