Playmats

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by nessajane, Oct 6, 2008.

1. nessajane

nessajane Well-Known Member

Hi Girls,

Just after some advice really....

Im wondering weather or not to get my LO a playmat or not??
    What are your opionions on them? are they any good? or a waste of money????

Thanks xx

2. leeanne

leeanne Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2

I had something similar with my other babies and they loved it. Kept them occupied for a 1/2 hour or so.

I got Chase the Rainforest playmat so we shall see how he likes it when he's a bit older.

3. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

I never use mine anymore...... :dohh: Might get them out though, worth a try now she's abit bigger..

No help really, but she wasn't interested in her first couple of months.

4. nessajane

nessajane Well-Known Member

thanks girls, i think i will get one but wait a few months after he's born before buying one!!

5. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

I was going to say get him one for Christmas, then saw his due date.. :blush:

6. nikky0907

nikky0907 Well-Known Member

I got Lola-Rose one.It's supposed to be really good for them to occupy themselves but I have yet to see how it works myself :lol:

7. leeanne

leeanne Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2

Best time to introduce it to them is when they are 3 months +. :)

8. xxleannexx

xxleannexx Mom to a girl and boy

summer loved hers and still does she still lies on it and sometimes i get her bumbo chair and put it infront of the bar of toys so she is sitting up but can still reach all her toys and she likes that too!

9. sellotape

sellotape Active Member

I have a Fisher Price Rainforest gym for my daughter - it's fab and she's used a playmat since about 12 weeks old.

C

10. Becky

Becky Jacobs Mummy

I bought one from Argos because it was such a bargain £19.99 so we will have to see!!

x

11. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

We have a couple and Hannah's actually always liked them. Even as a newborn we could lay her on them for 15 minutes or so and she would look at the toys. Now she'll lay on them for 30 minutes or so.

12. CK Too

CK Too Well-Known Member

I´ve got a Winnie the Pooh one and lay Sam in it most days. The sides will fold up on it slightly and as he´s not rolling around everywhere at the moment, if he falls asleep in it, then I just cover him up with a blanket. He´s 10 weeks old tomorrow, and seems to enjoy being in it, he´s starting to hit the dangly toys in it more and more.

13. clairebear

clairebear Mummy to 2 handsome boys.

jack loves his mat for tummy time x x

14. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

i can't rate mine highly enough :) maddi loves them and imo its really helped her hand eye co-ordination. she really enjoys playing on them to
    we have these ones :http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/bruhome/bruactivebaby/bruactivebabyplaymats/281093 - this is her fav. one, she loves playing with it and great for tummy time http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B001CTFLVQ/ref=sr_11_1/203-4583406-5365518?ie=UTF8&mcb=core - this is lovely and cosy and great for play
    http://www.mothercare.com/gp/produc...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44389031&mcb=core - this is her first one cos she and me :blush: love winnie the pooh
    :hug:

15. coz

coz Mummy to 2 boys

i would say there brill Charlie gets bored easily so its good to keep them occupied with as many things as possible xxx

16. bev309

bev309 Well-Known Member

Jack has the Fisher Price Rainforest Gym, he wasn't to keen when we 1st bought it as he was too young, but has gradually grown to love it - he is using it more than ever now he can roll over & look at himself in the mirror & reach for the toys, it's great! He also has a Galt playnest which he also loves - he isn't too keen on the danglies on this one, but he will sit in the actual nest with a load of rattles & toys in with him & he goes nuts, he manages to sit up on his own & when he feels a little tired he rests agains the ring, then goes mental bouncing up & down on it :rofl:

17. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

I've managed to inherit 4, though I'm not really sure how! :dohh:

18. princess31

princess31 Well-Known Member

Definitely get one! My LO has been using his from 3 weeks and enjoys it more each day. The first thing he loved was the mirror on it. When they're young they love to look at faces now he's more interested in the toys.
    This is the one I have (highly recommend it):

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/homeware/nurseryandbaby/23/5