Playrooms

Kay_Baby

Reaction score
I am currently converting my OH's study (he only uses it as a dumping ground really) into a playroom for Adam as his bedroom is very small and I want somwhere to put his toys out of the way.

My husband thinks it needs a tv and a big double armchair for curling up to watch movies but I'm not to sure. I think part of the reason he wants that his so he can get a games consol and have somewher out of the way to play it

What would you guys recomend as essential things to go in a playroom?
Do you have any pictures of your playrooms to share?

I could understand a sofa not needed but can understand. But i do agree if you put tv in your just asking for an cbox etc to follow then its a man den not a play room

I think just toys, actually a bean bag not a sofa aswell. If i could it would be an empty room with nowhere to hurt themselves - just toys really

i have a sofa in my playroom. mainly so the kids have somewhere to sit and read or play on their DS's.
I don't think they need a tv but they have my old radio\CD player to have music on.
they have most of their toys in there except for little toys that are in the bedroom, mainly so friends LOs are pretty safe in there :)

My uncle and auntie have a playroom for their LO's, it has a sofa which can change into a bed (I'm assuming for when family members come to stay and when their Los are older and they start having sleepovers). Most of their toys and books are in there, and a couple of rugs on the floor, there's no tv though. I agree if you put a tv in there then a games console will follow and it will end up being a man den as opposed to a place for LO to play.

We have a sofa & tv in the playroom (DH is not into video games). I love cuddling Omar on the sofa while watching tv together. Our room is quite big so we have a 6 ft trampoline there. We have most of his toys there (the expensive ones are in his bedroom to keep them away from other kids). His books are also in his bedroom.

We have a sofa bed, 3 Huge bean bags in our playroom and a tv with the wii, xbox, blu ray etc. The room gets great use. My OH uses it for video games, the kids play video games too sometimes (easy, child-friendly games) and they love to watch movies and tv shows in there. Definitely worth it. In the playroom we also have an aquarium, puppet theatre, some toys, toy kitchen, multi-sport table (air-hockey, pool etc.) family board games, fancy dress stuff, some books.. their special toys and books stay in their bedroom out of the way of other kids so they don't get broken.

Thanks for telling me about your playrooms ladies.

I have decided to put a TV in the playroom after listening to my sister moan today that her youngest was watching Cars 2 for the 6th time this week. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->