Please advise.

Ridwana

Reaction score
Hi,

I hope you are well.

I have been trying to conceive for the past two years but have unfortunately been unsuccessful. My doctor put me on clomid two months ago. I've completed my second cycle and ovulated 11 days ago.

My next period is due on the 7th of April.

A week/few days before my period, my breasts are always sore and tender and swell up slightly. I do not get cramps or back pain of any kind until the first day of my bleeding.

This morning I took a home pregnancy test.

It showed a positive result.

What I am confused and worried about is 1. Is it too early to tell? I know I will take another test next week if I haven't started my period, and 2. If I am pregnant, is it normal to be experiencing cramps similar, if not more than period pains? And if I do start my period is it still worth doing another test?

I desperately want a child and want to be pregnant. I'm very afraid the test may be wrong.

Please advise.

Regards

Ridwana

It's very unlikely your test is wrong but do another test to confirm, when you first fall pregnant it's very common to get cramps, I did!

Relax and congratulations! :happydance:

Why, thank you my dear. Let's hope so... I'm too afraid to get happy just in case...

Take a test tomorrow morning then you are DEFINITLEY allowed to get excited! :)

If you're 11DPO then it's likely that you would get a BFP by now. And the cramps are totally normal, just the LO settling in. Congrats!:happydance:

Hi Redkat,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the abbreviations you have used - please can you explain? Thank you x

11DPO = 11 Days Post Ovulation
BFP = Big Fat Positive
LO = Little One

congrats!

Congrats:happydance:

11 dpo is not too early:winkwink: With my youngest I got a positive test when I was 8 dpo or so.

As for the cramping, it`s perfectly normal. I would get pretty bad cramps sometimes when I was pregnant. Your uterus is making room for your little bean :)

You can get a positive result 11DPO-and it is rare to get a false positive pregnancy test result. I would take another one tomorrow to be sure. The cramps are normal. The last time I was pregnant I thought I was starting my period because I had cramps, just like I usually do before I start, I took a pregnancy test because I was a day late and I was pregnant. Good luck to you! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thank you all very much for your help. I've booked an appointment to visit the Dr today and ill keep you updated xx

Good luck sounds like it's your bfp :)

Well the Dr said aim definitely pregnant. But also advised I test again after period due date which is Tuesday. Wish me luck x

Hi everyone. Today I was due to start my period. I took a test this morning and it was a clear clear positive :) thanks for the advice and support x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->