~ * ~ Please be brutally honest ~ * ~

Must admit I thought it was a boys name too! Don't know why? Wonder if it's been used as a character's name in a book or film I've seen?

No reason why it can't be a girls name though !! Xxxx

Thank you for all the responses... it's great to hear other thoughts & opinions!

I think OH & i are re-thinking this name!

:flower:

Wow what a bunch of mixed opinions! Emmy is adorable as a girls name but emersyn does seem like a boys name to me.

But hey perhaps ur setting a trend here :)

I love the name!

It is more on the masculine size, however I love masculine names for girls! IE: Ryan, Riley, etc.

I even love the spelling. I think it makes it more feminine. I'm not huge on different spellings but I love what you did with this name!

I hope you still consider it in the future! :)

Well, I like it!!

I don't think it sounds like a boys name at all!!! Especially with Emmy and Sophia Rose... sounds nothing like a boys name!

I think you should go for it!

Emersyn is ok ... I would say it's a girls name but definitely on the masculine side! That aside, Emmy is such an adorable nickname! Absolutely love the middle names 'Sophia Rose' too .. So pretty, love it! :flower:

I agree.

x

I think (and I could be wrong here) Teri Hatcher's daughter is called Emerson. I think it's a lovely, unique girls name :)

I think (and I could be wrong here) Teri Hatcher's daughter is called Emerson. I think it's a lovely, unique girls name :)

Yep, you're right! Her daughter's name is Emerson Rose

There you go then! Totally acceptable female name there! I say if you like it use it, if you're unsure or have any doubts put it to one side and think about it later. If it still grabs you, then it may be the one. If not, you'll know that bubba wasn't destined to be called that specific name X Good Luck X

Im not a fan of any names ending in son for girls but thats just my taste in names but with the spelling syn it is more appealing to me :) also it reminds me of a band I know of named emerson biggins (supposed to sound like "them are some big ones" :haha:)

i like the name, different, but grew fast on me! i love the full name, and the nickname emmy sticks well, we called my youngest sister that for years and years. beautiful name girl, good luck!

I did think it was a boys name, but then again, lots of names I first assumed were boys names! Dom Joly's daughter is called Parker, sounds like a boys name to me.

Now i've literally had a minute of thought I think it's a nice name, certainly not awful.

i do like emmerson, but i would have said it was a boys name. but i LOVE Emmy!!!

I don't know anyone with this name, it struck me as a girls name. And the full name Emersyn Sophia Rose is very feminine sounding to me. Sophia/Sofia is on the top of my list right now too :)

I wouldn't say I love it, but I don't think it sounds particularly boyish or horrible. I think the way you have spelt it is really pretty and it's nice and unique but not too out there iygwim. Emmy is a lovely nn.

I presume Emersyn is pronounced phonectically as 'Emma-sin' and not 'Emma-son'
Think it will be ok if this is the case, Emerson is a boys name I thought.

I wanted to call my LO Emma, but we had already registered her name and couldnt go back on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->