Please can someone advise me

Lala8

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first time on one of these forums.

My husband and I have been ttc since February this year. I know it's not a long time and I know some people have been trying for years but it feels like forever!

I have extremely irregular periods and my longest cycle this year was 51 days! My last cycle was only 35 days though so they vary a lot! At the moment I am on day 40 of this cycle. I took a pregnancy test a few days ago and it came back negative.

Normally before every period I get a lump in my breast and then a week later I come on. So far no lump has appeared but I also don't think I have any pregnancy symptoms.

The only thing that I have noticed that is different to normal is that I was constipated for 3 days and normally I have very regular bowel movements. Then following this constipation I have experienced a very upset tummy and my bowels have not returned to how they normally are yet.

I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME) for 12 years so as I am often tired and nauseaus I may not have noticed if I am nauseaus or tired or any pregnancy symptoms.

Getting pregnant is all I think about and it has become my whole life which my husband does not understand. He really wants to be a dad but he can compartmentalise things and therefore does not understand why I am focusing on it.

Is anyone else going through the same thing as me with irregular periods and does anyone understand what I am going through?

I would be so grateful for anyone to reply to my thread.

You sound identical to me! My cycles range from 37-55 days, always irregular. My problem is that I ovulate late. We have been trying for 9-10 months now and I am getting so impatient. I will be headed to the doctor for the first time tomorrow so we will see what she thinks. Ugh I just wish I could get pregnant already! It seems so easy for everyone else out there.

BABY DUST TO US!

do you chart your temps at all? it might be better to look at a bbt chart to see when you are ovulating or try to track your phases.. other than temping, the only other way to know for sure if you are ovulating is using a opk.. my cycle varies a lot and I had to use a opk to know exactly when I was ovulating. I don't know if I would have recognized the signs as such if I didn't. Temping would also help you see if you are pregnant..so it works for both. I guess I would say to take a pregnancy test 10 days after you last DTD.

Thank you so much for your response it means a lot.

It's so good to know that it's not just me going through this! Sometimes I feel so alone.

I think we both have to remain positive in all this. We have to believe that it will happen when it's meant to happen. I am optimistic this month and really think it's possible if I stay positive but my husband keeps telling me to not get my hopes up.

I have not bought any pregnancy tests as I know that if I have them in the house I will want to use them all the time until I see a positive. I hate seeing when the test says 'not pregnant' it honestly is one of the worst feelings in the world.

Let me know what happens at the doctors tomorrow. I really hope it goes well for you.

Thank you for your response.

No I don't chart my temperatures, I wouldn't even know where to start. Is it a reliable technique?

I did use an opk when we first started trying and it said my LH surge was on day 22 of my cycle so we tried a lot those couple of days and we did not get pregnant.

I went to the doctors and she said she thinks that the opk are really unreliable and we should just have sex every 3 days.

How does taking your temperature show when you are pregnant? Like how would I know? I'm presuming I need to research this a little?

You sound just like me, and I have cysts on one ovary. My cycles ranged from 35 to 52 days, it was a nightmare. I went to see my gp after 8 months, bloods showed no ovulation for two cycles running so I got referred to the fertility clinic. So glad I didn't wait to til the 12 month mark as I got diagnosed and am now on clomid t help me ovulate. Go see your gp hon x

Thank you so much for your reply.

It's so good to know I am not alone in this.

I know this might sound really stupid but I thought that if I am having periods that means I would always ovulate every cycle. Is this not the case then?

Sorry just realised you've been to see the docs, in which case I'd ask for blood tests to check for ovulation. And yes opks can be unreliable, an lh surge doesn't always mean ovulation as I've found out. Temping I've not gone near as I'm obsessed enough! But it's meant to be the only way other than bloods to reliably check you've ovulated, but you have to take your temp every day...too much for me.
Good luck x

No sorry Lala...I thought the same...but eventually your hormones flatten out bringing in a period. Don't get me wrong some women never have periods, but I did and the clinic said its likely I only ovulated once or maybe twice during the twelve months I was ttc and I had about 9 periods in that time.

Wow I honestly did not know that having periods does not necessarily mean that I have ovulated. I have completely taken that for granted.

I am completely obsessive too so my plan is to wait and see what happens this month, whether my period appears or whether I am pregnant. If my period appears I will book a doctors appointment and ask them to take my blood and test if I have ovulated.

Thank you everyone for your responses, it honestly means to much to me xx

You're welcome and good luck hon! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"