Please Delete

Wow. I'm so sorry I don't have any experience with this, but didn't want to read and run. It sounds like a scary and complicated situation, and I hope you are able to get some answers soon. Best of luck to you.

Sorry u are going through this. I'm hesitant about the viability of your pregnancy only because nothing was seen in your uterus. Even at 4-5 weeks u will see a small sac on ultrasound. I would be very much inclined to follow your situation very closely and consider the possibility of ectopic. Once your tube bursts it's very dangerous and can make future pregnancies very difficult. If it were me I'd take the Drs advice xx

I'm so sorry, what a difficult position to be in. What I will say is that doctors are sometimes wrong. Giving yourself time before having surgery is ok! Get a 2nd and even third opinion. I agree with you in not wanting to just jump to conclusions about this pregnancy. One day at a time...
A close friend of mine had a similar experience...the doctor REALLY pushed her for a D&C, but she refused, (it was not ectopic just to clarify), but she waited it out. Went for her 12 week scan and sure enough there was a healthy baby with a heartbeat!
So doctors DO make mistakes.
It's good to trust your care provider and listen but sometimes that mommy instinct weighs out a doctors opinion.
If it IS ectopic it will be seen on an u/s around 6-7 weeks usually...but be aware of the dangers in leaving it too long. It's a bit of a balancing act for you right now, I get that. Not easy. Will be thinking of you and please keep us updated.

I'm so sorry, what a difficult position to be in. What I will say is that doctors are sometimes wrong. Giving yourself time before having surgery is ok! Get a 2nd and even third opinion. I agree with you in not wanting to just jump to conclusions about this pregnancy. One day at a time...
A close friend of mine had a similar experience...the doctor REALLY pushed her for a D&C, but she refused, (it was not ectopic just to clarify), but she waited it out. Went for her 12 week scan and sure enough there was a healthy baby with a heartbeat!
So doctors DO make mistakes.
It's good to trust your care provider and listen but sometimes that mommy instinct weighs out a doctors opinion.
If it IS ectopic it will be seen on an u/s around 6-7 weeks usually...but be aware of the dangers in leaving it too long. It's a bit of a balancing act for you right now, I get that. Not easy. Will be thinking of you and please keep us updated.

I fully understand the complications for my health but I also know that I will just be thinking what if for a very long time if I just went ahead and got rid without knowing anything for sure in either direction. I'm on the radar for high risk so I personally felt for me waiting it out and being monitored every few days is better. If at any point at all they can tell me or show me evidence to say definitely ectopic I will happy go with theor advice. But when the Dr says we 'think' not we 'know' it gives me doubts. Thank you and I will keep updated when I know anymore. More bloods and a scan on Thursday so fingers crossed that shines more light.

I totally agree with you! If it were me in your shoes, I would do the same. I would always question and feel heart ache if there was even a small chance that things would have progressed normally, but hadn't given it a chance. Good for you in standing your ground!! Follow that mommy instinct!! Hugs

If you ovulated a little late and your dates are off then it could be to early to see anything. I had an ultrasound at 4+3 and there wasn't anything there not even a sac went back one week later and only could see a sac no yolk or anything went back two weeks later and a baby with a heartbeat measuring a day ahead keep faith it could just be to early. I'm hoping things work out!

Please be very careful. I understand your concerns and reluctance to have a D&C but you are putting yourself at risk. I don't mean to frighten you. I'm a nurse and I have seen the effects of a ruptured ectopic and I can tell you it is an urgent medical emergency, you won't necessarily get much warning when it happens. If your pain gets any worse please don't leave it go straight back to hospital for moNitoring. Not only will you be risking your chances of future pregnancies but you are risking being seriously unwell.
I know your in a difficult position and I hope you get the answers you want at your next scan. I hope it all works out well for you just please listen to your body if your symptoms worsen xx

I really hope I am wrong but it sounds very similar to what I experienced last year with my ectopic pregnancy. In the end I chose to be treated with methotrexate injections however it was too late and my tube ruptured the next day which was the worst experience I have ever been through. I had severe abdominal and rectal pains when it ruptured, called an ambulance and the paramedics checked me over told me everything was fine as my blood pressure wasnt low... 12 hours later I had severe internal bleeding and almost died I had to have an emergency operation to remove my tube.

I don't want to panic you but please be very cautious and any pain go straight to the hospital. Ectopic pregnancy is incredibly dangerous. I really hope this is not the case for you and the doctors are wrong look after yourself x x

With my ectopic it wasnt picked up on a scan until 6 weeks and even then they had to really look for it, i had a scan at 4 weeks due to bleeding but nothing was picked up and i was sent home with them saying i had miscarried but i knew my body well and was right i had a rare high risk ectopic that was removed straight away by surgery. I didnt get a lot of pain or symptoms except bleeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->