Please explain

Pne1985

Reaction score
2 mornings ago, which would have been Sunday morning, I had a blazing positive ppl. I assumed I would have ovulated later that day or on Monday. Well I haven’t had a temp shift to confirm. I had a chemical last month but my period/bleeding was right on track to being normal! Should I continue to do opks in case I haven’t ovulated yet? I did one today and it wasn’t positive. I don’t think I’ve ever ovulated later than cd14.

Attachments

• 69BAD19A-0CA8-4E53-9CD2-7C8A6D36B972.jpg
    69BAD19A-0CA8-4E53-9CD2-7C8A6D36B972.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 6
From what I am learning, you usually ovulate 12-36 hours after getting a positive opk. However, I've also read that sometimes it can take three days. So if you got it on day 12 (is that right), ovulation could occur day 12, 13, or 14. I've also read that your temp increase can occur the day after ovulation or the day after that.

Perhaps you'll see an increase tomorrow morning when you temp?

Hopefully someone better at charting will chime in and offer more advise. I'm no good with those charts.

It could be that you’re getting a slow rise with your temps and it’ll take a few days to see the pattern.
It could also be that your body geared up to ovulate but didn’t for whatever reason and could try again soon so keep DTD just in case!

It could be that in cd12 (missing temp) was actually a dip which meant cd13 was a rise. This would coincide with ovulating on cd12 when you got the +opk. This would be my guess. Although it would meant your pre o temps are quite high. So maybe you have a slow rise?

From what I am learning, you usually ovulate 12-36 hours after getting a positive opk. However, I've also read that sometimes it can take three days. So if you got it on day 12 (is that right), ovulation could occur day 12, 13, or 14. I've also read that your temp increase can occur the day after ovulation or the day after that.

Perhaps you'll see an increase tomorrow morning when you temp?

Hopefully someone better at charting will chime in and offer more advise. I'm no good with those charts.

That’s interesting! I always thought it was 12-24 hrs. I actually had some pinching in my right ovary this morning while I was using the restroom so maybe I did ovulate this morning which would make it more like 48 hrs! And hopefully I see a definite temp rise in the am. Then it definitely would make me question if I ovulated today?

It could be that you’re getting a slow rise with your temps and it’ll take a few days to see the pattern.
It could also be that your body geared up to ovulate but didn’t for whatever reason and could try again soon so keep DTD just in case!

I thought maybe it was a slow rise as well with my chemical last month screwing things up!

It could be that in cd12 (missing temp) was actually a dip which meant cd13 was a rise. This would coincide with ovulating on cd12 when you got the +opk. This would be my guess. Although it would meant your pre o temps are quite high. So maybe you have a slow rise?

I also wondered that myself. My pre o temps were higher for some reason. That’s the only reason why I didn’t think I O’d yet because my temps haven’t rose above them! It could be a slow rise as well. Generally it isn’t but like I said, maybe the chemical I had last month, made my body out of whack!

Was opk with fmu? Fmu can cause false positives with opks. A chemical could throw your cycle out of whack a bit and O later.

I thought maybe it was a slow rise as well with my chemical last month screwing things up!

I just finished a cycle that followed on from a chemical and it was a weird one. My temps dropped for a few days and then were pretty much constantly rising from CD6-CD25 when AF arrived. I got a positive OPK on CD12 but I’m still not sure if or even when I ovulated.
Sorry you had a chemical too and that it’s also potentially causing this cycle to be wonky for you.

Flueky, I can’t remember if I used fmu but I had a positive that evening it just wasn’t as dark but still definitely positive.

Jelly sorry about your chemical as well. Such a let down!

My temp still didn’t rise, it dropped like .03 degrees and I’m having pinching still so maybe I’m gearing up to ovulate late. I did do an opk yesterday and it was negative so I guess I’m gonna just go with whatever!

Okay, sometimes you csn get an LH surge and not O. I'm wondering if that's what happened this time for you. I always found that if all signs didn't point to O then I didn't.

I think the chemical has messed with your hormones. I'd either contine opks daily or use an opk if you notice fertile cm. Sorry it's a crazy cycle for you

Okay, sometimes you csn get an LH surge and not O. I'm wondering if that's what happened this time for you. I always found that if all signs didn't point to O then I didn't.

I think the chemical has messed with your hormones. I'd either contine opks daily or use an opk if you notice fertile cm. Sorry it's a crazy cycle for you

I agree. I had a crazy amount of ewcm on Sunday though, way more than I normally do but it’s the temp that makes me think it never even happened. I am going to continue to use opks for maybe another week to see if I get another positive. That’s ok, thanks for all your advice! This place is the best to go to for opinions and experiences!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->