Please give your feedback on the name "Andrea"

NorthernBelle

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

We currently have Andrea Belle on our list for a girl's name, and I would like feedback from all of you on your thoughts. Honest feedback wanted, I promise there will be no hurt feelings over "negative" comments about the name, I'm actually looking to make sure I consider all the "negatives" (if any) so I can make the right decision.

(1) What is your initial impression, on a scale of 1-5? (1 being HATE it, 3 being indifferent, 5 being LOVE it)

(2) What is your first thought on how to pronounce it?
Ann-dree-a? On-dray-a?

(3) How many Andreas do you know IRL? Of the Andreas you currently know, what is their age (i.e. was it more common name 20 years ago vs. a common name for little girls right now?)

(4) We have a name rule that we do not want a unisex name. Have you ever heard of a boy named Andrea? (Is there a man named Andrea Boticelli, an opera singer?)

(5) My main hesitation with this name is that I really really really really really really HATE the nickname of Andy for a girl. (To me, Andy is a boy's name, and as above, I do not want a unisex name). DH says we just won't let anyone give her that nickname, but I'm not sure it's that easy. Thoughts?

Thanks girls :) Gees, this name picking is tough!!

Are you planning to pronounce it ....An dree a or And draya?

To be honest I'm not a fan of Andrea. But that's just my opinion :)

hehe, i think that's an amazing name :p , my name is Andrea!

Bit of advice, if you really like a name, don't ask for peopls opinions, they ruin it! I almost didn't call Caitlyn, Caitlyn, because of people saying "how do you spell it?" or "is it irish?" or "Caitland?"

Hi Girls,

We currently have Andrea Belle on our list for a girl's name, and I would like feedback from all of you on your thoughts. Honest feedback wanted, I promise there will be no hurt feelings over "negative" comments about the name, I'm actually looking to make sure I consider all the "negatives" (if any) so I can make the right decision.

(1) What is your initial impression, on a scale of 1-5? (1 being HATE it, 3 being indifferent, 5 being LOVE it)- 3

Ann-dree-a? On-dray-a? Ann-drea

(3) How many Andreas do you know IRL? Of the Andreas you currently know, what is their age (i.e. was it more common name 20 years ago vs. a common name for little girls right now?) 1 she is 24

(4) We have a name rule that we do not want a unisex name. Have you ever heard of a boy named Andrea? (Is there a man named Andrea Boticelli, an opera singer?)there is a singer name aan-draya boticelli yes

(5) My main hesitation with this name is that I really really really really really really HATE the nickname of Andy for a girl. (To me, Andy is a boy's name, and as above, I do not want a unisex name). DH says we just won't let anyone give her that nickname, but I'm not sure it's that easy. Thoughts? if you dont like it dont name her it coz its not like you can tell her friends what to call her

good luck

(1) What is your initial impression, on a scale of 1-5? (1 being HATE it, 3 being indifferent, 5 being LOVE it) 4

Ann-dree-a? On-dray-a? ANN-dree-a

(3) How many Andreas do you know IRL? Of the Andreas you currently know, what is their age (i.e. was it more common name 20 years ago vs. a common name for little girls right now?) 2 - late 20s, early 30s

(4) We have a name rule that we do not want a unisex name. Have you ever heard of a boy named Andrea? (Is there a man named Andrea Boticelli, an opera singer?) Yes there is, but he's Italian - I don't think it would be considered a unisex name

(5) My main hesitation with this name is that I really really really really really really HATE the nickname of Andy for a girl. (To me, Andy is a boy's name, and as above, I do not want a unisex name). DH says we just won't let anyone give her that nickname, but I'm not sure it's that easy. Thoughts? I guess until she goes to school she will be known by whatever you choose to call her. She may ask friends to call her that, but there's not much you can do if she wants to be called Andy

(1) What is your initial impression, on a scale of 1-5? (1 being HATE it, 3 being indifferent, 5 being LOVE it) 4

Ann-dree-a? On-dray-a? An-dray-a, i don't really like ann-dree-a

(3) How many Andreas do you know IRL? Of the Andreas you currently know, what is their age (i.e. was it more common name 20 years ago vs. a common name for little girls right now?) 1 girl- 17, latina and very pretty

(4) We have a name rule that we do not want a unisex name. Have you ever heard of a boy named Andrea? (Is there a man named Andrea Boticelli, an opera singer?) an italian boy, he was very hot!
(5) My main hesitation with this name is that I really really really really really really HATE the nickname of Andy for a girl. (To me, Andy is a boy's name, and as above, I do not want a unisex name). DH says we just won't let anyone give her that nickname, but I'm not sure it's that easy. Thoughts? i would never call a girl andy for short! never heard of it either, i think it's more one of those names where you don't really shorten it

Bit of advice, if you really like a name, don't ask for peopls opinions, they ruin it! I almost didn't call Caitlyn, Caitlyn, because of people saying "how do you spell it?" or "is it irish?" or "Caitland?"

want a ruined name....mines breanne....how often do you think i get asked to spell that haha

(1)
(5) My main hesitation with this name is that I really really really really really really HATE the nickname of Andy for a girl. (To me, Andy is a boy's name, and as above, I do not want a unisex name). DH says we just won't let anyone give her that nickname, but I'm not sure it's that easy. Thoughts? i would never call a girl andy for short! never heard of it either, i think it's more one of those names where you don't really shorten it

My friends called her baby andie, i was a bit like hmm at the time but now it's grown on me, shes called andie-lou after andie mcdowel i think.

(1) What is your initial impression, on a scale of 1-5? (1 being HATE it, 3 being indifferent, 5 being LOVE it) 4. My best friends name is Andrea so I'm used to hearing it

(2) What is your first thought on how to pronounce it? On-Dree-Ah. That is how she pronounces it anyway.

(3) How many Andreas do you know IRL? Of the Andreas you currently know, what is their age (i.e. was it more common name 20 years ago vs. a common name for little girls right now?) just 1! She's 21

(4) We have a name rule that we do not want a unisex name. Have you ever heard of a boy named Andrea? (Is there a man named Andrea Boticelli, an opera singer?) Yeah he is Italian, I wouldn't think that its a common name for a man

(5) My main hesitation with this name is that I really really really really really really HATE the nickname of Andy for a girl. (To me, Andy is a boy's name, and as above, I do not want a unisex name). DH says we just won't let anyone give her that nickname, but I'm not sure it's that easy. Thoughts? My friend is 21 and we have never called her anything but Andrea, ever.

I love the name. I know you don't like it but I think Andy is a really cute nickname for a girl (I also like Dani and Sam for girls too though). I don't think you'll have too much trouble keeping her from being called that. The only Andrea I know didn't go by the nickname. She's about 22.

Hi Girls,

(1) What is your initial impression, on a scale of 1-5? (1 being HATE it, 3 being indifferent, 5 being LOVE it)

2 for Andrea and 4 for Belle - I have nothing really against the name Andrea, I just think of older women called it and 2 I dont get along with!!! Belle is gorge - I only didnt say 5 because while I dont love it enough to pick it for my own, if that make sense!

Ann-dree-a? On-dray-a?

Neither!! I'd say Ann-dray-a

(3) How many Andreas do you know IRL? Of the Andreas you currently know, what is their age (i.e. was it more common name 20 years ago vs. a common name for little girls right now?)

no kids and quite a few women all 35 plus.

(4) We have a name rule that we do not want a unisex name. Have you ever heard of a boy named Andrea? (Is there a man named Andrea Boticelli, an opera singer?)

No

(5) My main hesitation with this name is that I really really really really really really HATE the nickname of Andy for a girl. (To me, Andy is a boy's name, and as above, I do not want a unisex name). DH says we just won't let anyone give her that nickname, but I'm not sure it's that easy. Thoughts?

Nick names are often out of your control. You can stop family and friends calling her it but once she's at nursery/school you wont stop other kids!! My Auntie insisted on my cousin being Thomas but as soon as he got to school there was very little she could do to stop kids calling him Tom or Tommy and he actually liked it so she was buggered!!! She carried on calling him Thomas until about a year ago when I heard her call him Tom - he's 19!

Hope that helps!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->