Please help, 1 day overdue :(

CVH28

Reaction score
Hey everyone i was due yest on the 14th, had the sweep and i was suprised to find out i was 3cm dilated and 100% fully effaced....which u can imagine i was so excited and thought won't be long now....WRONG!!!!
After the midwife left i started having extreme lower back pain and contractions were regular, but not long enough and consistent enough for me to think i should go into hosp..although at 1 point they were coming almost every 10 minutes for around an hour. This was at 12.30am and i decided to ring the midwife on call (who i've never met) to seek advice..i could tell i'd woken her up and she was quite rude to me and wasn't giving me precise answers so that's really put me off now. I think i'm in slow labour and i don't know what to do as today i woke up and they haven't been as bad as they were after the sweep yest. Also i feel crap now about ringing the midwifes as i don't feel comfortable anymore and mine is away until Monday. Can anyone give me some advice i'd really appreciate it as am so fed up now and just wanna meet my lil girl already :( i've also been going sick in the mornings, feeling so lethargic and feel like i need a wee constantly and nothing comes out.

Oh bless ya I was in labour 2 and half days and only hot to 3 cm lol and I was 2 weeks overdue lol hope she comes soon xxxx

i was exactly the same dilated and effaced at 40w +1d, but no labour, I had another sweep, at 40w + 4d i had another sweep, and then at 40w + 6d I went into labout and within 6 hours went from 3cm to 10cm and delivered my little boy!

Hang in there mama! You are so close. Walking can help, or sex (if you both feel like it).

I am 4 days overdue and had a sweep on Wednesday at 40+2 weeks but it didn't do anything for me. I have only been having a few aches and pains but nothing significant... I have been booked in for an induction on Wednesday at 7.30pm so I am hoping I go into labour naturally before that! :flow: x

I second the suggestion of sex!

Did your midwife put the phone number for labour ward in your notes? You could phone them if you want to speak to someone before she returns.

Hang in there:hugs: I was only 5 days overdue but those 5 days seemed like 5weeks:haha: I had a sweep at 39+6 and within half an hour had cramps and lost my plug. The cramps lasted all day, then the next morning I woke up to nothing. At 40+5 I had sex and 5mins later my water broke and contractions started coming 4mins apart!

Hang in there:hugs: I was only 5 days overdue but those 5 days seemed like 5weeks:haha: I had a sweep at 39+6 and within half an hour had cramps and lost my plug. The cramps lasted all day, then the next morning I woke up to nothing. At 40+5 I had sex and 5mins later my water broke and contractions started coming 4mins apart!

I am now 5 days overdue and wish sex would work for me :haha:

Nipple stimulation also helps with labor and I heard there are pressure point in your mouth that sucking your thumb pushes on and can also help.. Your getting there!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->