Please help. 5 Days of positive OPK's LH surge. Have I ovulated or am I going to? TTC

coconutoil

Reaction score
Dear Ladies (and Gents), Hope you are all well.
I am new to this forum and the TTC'ing.

I am 27 year old female from London TTC'ing for the 1st time. Me and my husband started to record OPK sticks for around 2 months now and have hit a confusing situation which I really need your help on.

We have been using 2 iPhone apps to record everything you need to for TTC. We are using 'Glow' and 'P tracker'.

According to the Apps we were meant to Ovulate on Monday (17/08/15). The OPK stick gave a Positive LH surge on Monday which was good news.

We had DTD (had intercourse) couple times the previous week and on Sunday.

Now through out the week so from Tuesday(18/08/15) till today (Friday 21/08/15) we hae been getting Positive LH on the OPK sticks every morning at 10am (on the second wee of the day. I have been checking my CM too. It did start off eggwhitish and ranged from eggwhite to cloudy everyday.

Today the OPK stick shows a darker control line then the testline. and I have heavy CM which is cloudy eggwhitish.

We are so confused. What is going on. We are desperate to be pregnant. from Sunday we have DTD (had intercourse) Sunday, Monday and Wednesday. Thinking of DTD'ing tonight too as we are confused.

Intially we though, the surge lasts a couple days. the it hit 3 days and though, either egg could be released twice or trying to release again as it didnt first time. Now its the 5th day and we are confused, scared and nervous. What if it didnt release at all and we are ovulating today as control line is alot darekr and I have heavy CM.

I have attached images of our OPK sticks this wee. I know they have become faint over time.

Please please please, help. What could it be?
Have we not ovulated and its failed couple times? Whys has OPK been showing 5 days now? Why do I hae heavy clouldy eggwhitish CM on the 5th day.
Do we still carry on DTD'ing?

I appreciate all your time in reading my history and concerns. I hope you have the time to give me advice.

Love

Attachments

• opk_today.jpg
    opk_today.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 10
  • opk_this_week.JPG
    opk_this_week.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 15
Hey hun and welcome

are you sure your not pregnant already? ive seen lots of ladies on here who had positive OPKs for days on end and when they tested they were pregnant :happydance:

Hey Hun, thanks for the comment. Your getting my hopes high. Not sure. I though we cant take the Pregnancy test until after 2 weeks....
WHat if im still ovulating, or haven't ovulated yet... is that a possibility?
Should I still dtd?

Hey Hun, thanks for the comment. Your getting my hopes high. Not sure. I though we cant take the Pregnancy test until after 2 weeks....
WHat if im still ovulating, or haven't ovulated yet... is that a possibility?
Should I still dtd?

Im in a simular boat to be honest, i got a positive OPK on tuesday and DTD but every day since then i am still getting positives and more ECWM today and yesterday so im wondering if i ovulated later or if i could be pregnant

However from what ive read online just now it would be too early to get a positive pregnancy result so dont want to get my hopes up (or yours sorry) just yet

but you never know with these OPK's as you never know exactly when you ovulated after the surge

its all so confusing :dohh: x

Its only a positive opk when its as dark as the control line, so all those days it was lighter it was building up to the big O. When you get the darkest line you usually release your egg 24-48 hours later. But basically try to DTD right up to and including your darkest line and even the day after if you can.

the one on its own good to me but you could be pregnant love xx

I'd test if I was you, I started to record OPK's when I thought my period had gone AWOL. At first I had faint opk's then they got dark fast and stayed as dark as the control line. I tested for pregnancy as someone said I should and bingo.. BFP.

OPK's as much as they're for testing whether or not your Ovulating, can also pick up HCG, whereas HPT's can only pick up HCG

Good Luck! xx

Only the bottom one in that group appears positive; the separate one is definitely indisputably positive though, so would definitely expect O in the next 48 hours.

I didn't read responses, and I am not familiar with the brand. Remember, an opk is different from a pregnancy test. The test line has has to be the same or darker. The only one in that pic that I feel looks positive is the bottom the test. I had a similar issue when I first started using Target opks. I had dark lines like those most of my cycle. It's why I switched over the expensive digital advanced tests.

Hey Ladies,

I have updated on
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...whats-happening-my-ovulation-please-help.html

please advise on there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->