Please help. 6 weeks pregnant & bleeding

Sammyrose334

Reaction score
I am currently 6 weeks pregnant & tmi but I had my boyfriend go down on me and afterwards I went pee and there was blood in my pee and also when I wiped. It was bright red. It also had a little blood clot. Now when I wipe it is light pink blood. What is going on? I’m freaking out

Hello.
Sorry about the bleeding I know how scary that is too see.
I've had 7 losses in total.
I never normally bleed in pregnancy unless it's a miscarriage.
It took us 11 cycles to fall with this one. Last year I suffered 4 pregnancy losses which was very hard.
Anyway we finally got pregnant with this one. I had some implantation spotting at 14 dpo. Which I've never had b4.
It was very light and only happened when wiping.

But at 6 weeks exactly I woke up and I was bleeding. It was on my underwear and also when wiping. It was red and wattery. No cramps or anything but I freeked out thinking the worst.
I called my Dr who booked me a early scan at the emergency early pregnancy unit.
The Bleeding lasted a few hours and looked like the start of a period.
Going for that scan was so scary but thankfully everything was OK and I was measuring bang on 6+1 weeks. Saw a HB and everything looked as it should.
She didn't rule out miscarriage and said it cud be a threatening miscarriage. After that I had on and off very light pink spotting when wiping. Then at 8 or 9 weeks it all stopped completely.
I was so happy.

But then at exactly 14+5 weeks I woke up again and I was bleeding. This time I had cramps and tiny little clots.
Because I was in 2nd trimester I was advised to go strait to A&E.
I spent nearly the whole day there waiting. I was taken to the early pregnancy unit again and they didn't do a scan which I was quite surprised about because I was practically 15 weeks.
But they did use a dopper and listened to babies HB.

By the time I actually saw a Dr my bleeding had completely stopped.
She did a internal examination to check my cervix for dilation and blood.

Thankfully my cervix was still shut and no blood was found.

But what was found was a cervical erosion.
It's blood vessles that are inside the cervix, they can pop out in pregnancy caused by hormones.
I had one that had popped out.
We had also dtd the day b4.
The doctor told me that cervical erosions are very common in pregnancy and cause no harm to the baby.

The only downside was that it meant My cervix was extra sensitive and any slight pressure will cause the blood vessel (erosion) to burst and bleed.

Again a miscarriage wasn't completely ruled out but she was pretty sure my bleeding was just down to the erosion.

I googled it like crazy when I got home and read so many stories simular to mine.

I'm now almost 23 weeks pregnant and everything is good.

With my miscarriages the bleeding was very very heavy.

I'm thinking, and I hope, that ure bleeding cud be down to a cervical erosion. Or something similar.
I really hope it is something like that and nothing serious.

Did the bleeding stop?

I really hope everything turns out OK.

I just wanted to share my story. Because not all bleeding means something is wrong.

Many womon spot or bleed in pregnancy esp the first trimester.

I really hope my story gives u some encouragement and hope.

Good luck.

Hello.
Sorry about the bleeding I know how scary that is too see.
I've had 7 losses in total.
I never normally bleed in pregnancy unless it's a miscarriage.
It took us 11 cycles to fall with this one. Last year I suffered 4 pregnancy losses which was very hard.
Anyway we finally got pregnant with this one. I had some implantation spotting at 14 dpo. Which I've never had b4.
It was very light and only happened when wiping.

But at 6 weeks exactly I woke up and I was bleeding. It was on my underwear and also when wiping. It was red and wattery. No cramps or anything but I freeked out thinking the worst.
I called my Dr who booked me a early scan at the emergency early pregnancy unit.
The Bleeding lasted a few hours and looked like the start of a period.
Going for that scan was so scary but thankfully everything was OK and I was measuring bang on 6+1 weeks. Saw a HB and everything looked as it should.
She didn't rule out miscarriage and said it cud be a threatening miscarriage. After that I had on and off very light pink spotting when wiping. Then at 8 or 9 weeks it all stopped completely.
I was so happy.

But then at exactly 14+5 weeks I woke up again and I was bleeding. This time I had cramps and tiny little clots.
Because I was in 2nd trimester I was advised to go strait to A&E.
I spent nearly the whole day there waiting. I was taken to the early pregnancy unit again and they didn't do a scan which I was quite surprised about because I was practically 15 weeks.
But they did use a dopper and listened to babies HB.

By the time I actually saw a Dr my bleeding had completely stopped.
She did a internal examination to check my cervix for dilation and blood.

Thankfully my cervix was still shut and no blood was found.

But what was found was a cervical erosion.
It's blood vessles that are inside the cervix, they can pop out in pregnancy caused by hormones.
I had one that had popped out.
We had also dtd the day b4.
The doctor told me that cervical erosions are very common in pregnancy and cause no harm to the baby.

The only downside was that it meant My cervix was extra sensitive and any slight pressure will cause the blood vessel (erosion) to burst and bleed.

Again a miscarriage wasn't completely ruled out but she was pretty sure my bleeding was just down to the erosion.

I googled it like crazy when I got home and read so many stories simular to mine.

I'm now almost 23 weeks pregnant and everything is good.

With my miscarriages the bleeding was very very heavy.

I'm thinking, and I hope, that ure bleeding cud be down to a cervical erosion. Or something similar.
I really hope it is something like that and nothing serious.

Did the bleeding stop?

I just wanted to share my story. Because not all bleeding means something is wrong.

Many womon spot or bleed in pregnancy esp the first trimester.

I really hope my story gives u some encouragement and hope.

Good luck.

Hi, thank you so much for the reply. It really means a lot. It turned into light pink spotting & now it is brown and when I wipe there is coffee ground size dots. I went to the ER and they did an ultrasound and they said they see the sac but it’s empty. My heart feels so broken and I feel lost. They said they can’t say it’s a miscarriage just yet because I might just be too early but I was pretty certain I should be 6 weeks. The bleeding has been very light and this morning it has stopped. I go to my obgyn tomorrow morning. I’m so scared

I had bleeding when I was 6 weeks pregnant as well, and it turned out to be a subchorionic hematoma. Hopefully that is all it is for you as well, or cervical erosion like suggerhoney said.

I wouldn't freak out about the sac looking "empty" - this early on, even if you are a few days earlier than you think, it can make a big difference.

I had bleeding when I was 6 weeks pregnant as well, and it turned out to be a subchorionic hematoma. Hopefully that is all it is for you as well, or cervical erosion like suggerhoney said.

I wouldn't freak out about the sac looking "empty" - this early on, even if you are a few days earlier than you think, it can make a big difference.
Thank you. Praying for the best outcome <3

I had bleeding at 6 weeks and again at 7 weeks in this pregnancy along with some spotting afterwards. The first bleed had some bright red and the second was more brown and had some clots. I’m 8 weeks 3 days now and saw the baby a couple days ago. Everything is going well now and I’ve had no more bleeding since then!

I had bleeding at 6 weeks and again at 7 weeks in this pregnancy along with some spotting afterwards. The first bleed had some bright red and the second was more brown and had some clots. I’m 8 weeks 3 days now and saw the baby a couple days ago. Everything is going well now and I’ve had no more bleeding since then!
Thank you for the response <3 I’m trying to hold onto hope but it’s so hard

So a little bit of an update, the OBGYN couldn’t really tell me much either.. they see the gestation sac but it’s empty, & no fetal pole.. so either I’m earlier then I thought or baby never developed :( I don’t know how to feel. I felt I timed everything right and that I ovulated on the 26th of April. I felt the ovulation pains and such. I feel so heart broken.

I went for a 6 week scan and there was an empty sac. No yolk sac, no fetal pole, nothing.
In a state of panic I booked a private scan just a mere 3 days later. There was a yolk sac this time and my gestational sac measured 6+1.

3 days after that, I went back to the hospital and had another scan and there was a fetal pole and a HB

I had a scan the other day and all is well and I’m 9 weeks tomorrow.

don’t lose hope. The hospital were sure I was an ectopic. I was just early, or a late developer.

my story is a bit difference as I hadn’t had any bleeding or spotting but it is still possible that you implanted late. And as ive found out, even days make massive changes to what you can see on a US

also my first 2 scans were transvaginal, couldn’t see anything transabdominal

Will you be getting another ultrasound after a couple days or a week?

I went for a 6 week scan and there was an empty sac. No yolk sac, no fetal pole, nothing.
In a state of panic I booked a private scan just a mere 3 days later. There was a yolk sac this time and my gestational sac measured 6+1.

3 days after that, I went back to the hospital and had another scan and there was a fetal pole and a HB

I had a scan the other day and all is well and I’m 9 weeks tomorrow.

don’t lose hope. The hospital were sure I was an ectopic. I was just early, or a late developer.

my story is a bit difference as I hadn’t had any bleeding or spotting but it is still possible that you implanted late. And as ive found out, even days make massive changes to what you can see on a US

also my first 2 scans were transvaginal, couldn’t see anything transabdominal

thank you for the response. It really gives me some hope. They said my hcg levels are rising & I go for a ultrasound June 4th I hope we see something. <3

thank you for the response. It really gives me some hope. They said my hcg levels are rising & I go for a ultrasound June 4th I hope we see something. <3

they took my HCG levels too, first one (the day they didn’t see anything) came back at 1800. So she said oh we should have seen something on the scan, doesn’t look good. 2 days later they were 3664. So rising also. Then like I say, next time I went, there was progress. Some are just slow starters I think

they took my HCG levels too, first one (the day they didn’t see anything) came back at 1800. So she said oh we should have seen something on the scan, doesn’t look good. 2 days later they were 3664. So rising also. Then like I say, next time I went, there was progress. Some are just slow starters I think
My levels were 5,600 and she said they didn’t quite double but they did increase within 36 hours. I had some coffee ground brown discharge when I wiped so now I’m worrying this is actually a miscarriage!

My levels were 5,600 and she said they didn’t quite double but they did increase within 36 hours. I had some coffee ground brown discharge when I wiped so now I’m worrying this is actually a miscarriage!

I think miscarriage is more concerning if your levels aren’t doubling :(. Keep the faith though, if the cramps aren’t horrific and the blood is brown everything may just be fine x

Good luck at your ultrasound on the 4th, I really hope everything works out for you :hugs:.

Wishing u the very best of luck for ure next ultrasound hon.
Brown blood is old so hopefully it's just some old implantion or something making it's way out now.

I've had 7 possibly 8 losses and they all were very heavy bleeding. Only one started with spotting but within a few hours was heavy.

I can understand the worry.
Sending warm hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back