Please help! Cat scan while ttc ....

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
Hi ladies ..... I'm a bit nervous I have to get a cat scan done in a couple days and ill only be about 3 dpo .... If I were to be preg this month how dangerous is this ? I won't be able to know before hand :/ and I found out the day after we had bd a whole lot..... I went from super excited and feeling like this is it ... To feeling depressed and so worried what if this is it.... I have to be injected with dye and drink barium .... Doesn't sound like it makes for a healthy pregnancy .... Wish I would have known first ;(

I don't really know but would it make a difference that at 3DPO you won't have implanted yet?

I actually am 10dpo and am sitting in the waiting room waiting for my HIDA scan. I asked them to do a pregnancy test, which they did urine, and it was negative but I think its still to early to tell. The good thing in your case is that you have not implanted yet so its likely to not be harmful. I have read that even with radiation it just raises your risk of mc mostly.
I think in both of these instances, we are probably good and just hope for the best! Im trying not to get too caught up on the "what ifs" since I dont know of we conceieved or not.

Thanks for the responses :) appreciate it!! Like we don't worry enough as is when ttc ! I'm totally bummed because I we t in for the stomach flu before Xmas, the stomach pain was so bad I had to go back in 6 days later , sent me for an ultrasound and found a small mass like lesion and can't tell if its connected to my small Intestine or pancreas ..... It takes another week for results and I am terrified of what it could be and it hindering my chances of ttc :(

Oh my gosh! Who wouldnt be worried! I got aick around Christmas as well and it felt similar to the flu but I just knew it was my gallbladders final straw. My hida scan show 27% function so im having it removed!
Do you have an update yet? I wonder if the mass could be a gallstone or something. Its hard to reallt do this but I wouldnt count your worries before they are hatched. Wishing you the best of luck!! Please let me know. I know how scary this can be. I have lumps in my thyroid right now that could be cancer and will be biopsied.

Aww, thanks for the support!!! I'm so so scared and trying to be positive as can be! I will keep posted , have to wait a week for results :( that's the rough part!! I wonder, the weird thing is my gullbladder seemed to be fine in the ultrasound.... I have a history of horrid gullbladder attacks though ... Worst thig to do is look online!!! Never do that!!! Good luck with your surgery, hope u get much relief!!! I was supposed to do a hida scan also last year but my son was sick and I never went ;/ .... I always put things off til they get bad... Not smart !! I'm so sorry to hear the scare you have with your thyroid .... When do you have the biopsy? Can I ask, how on earth do you stay positive knowing there's a chance? What do you do to make Time pass? I'm struggling here ! Thanks for your words, it is helpful to talk to someone who is going through the same thing..... If you need a vent I'm here!! Wishing you the very best of luck it's everything!!

I wonder if you need a HIDA scan. Sounds a lot like gallbladder to me. My ultrasound was totally normal bc I didnt have stones. Luckily the hida scan showed the decrease in function
Ive known about the thyroid nodules for close to a year. When I first heard I was really worried. But I was lucky to find a really good ENT who is on the ball and is not afraid to remove it if we have to. Luckily I know I can live without it if need be. It does really worry me though bc I know your thyroid is really important to fertility and even though mine can be underactive at times I still think I have a better shot getting pregnant with it in than out! Its definitely scary not knowing and seeing that the nodules have grown. I cant even consult with my ent for 2 more weeks! Hang in there! Ive had some ongoing medical problems in the past and ive learned that the waiting is truly worse than finding out bad news. Medicine has come such a long way so no matter what it is, you will likely have some great options!
Let me know how your cycle shakes out. I was gonna wait to test til Sunday when my period is due but im 13dpo and im really shaken up about the idea that I could have had all this radiation while I was pregnant. No symptoms really though so I think its doubtful.

Aww, you are so positive !! I need to be like you !!! You are right though, the waiting game truly is the absolute most worst ! At least with an answer u can have a plan and act upon it!! Makes you feel like it can only get better.... Not knowing is the lingering fear :/ I hope you can hold off on removing the thyroid until after you conceive , if not ... Like You said well ... Medicine has come so far and you will find many options also! Are you trying anything special right now to ttc ? I have no idea what dpo I am, my cycles are usually anywhere from 28-32days, my last one was randomly 37days though:( I was going through a lot of stress at the time though.... I'm now on cd 17.... I took a test this morning just to be sure, of coarse bfn! But I had to be sure I went in knowing as of now I'm not .... Keep me posted when you decide to test!!! Good luck this cycle!!! Fingers crossed everything works out XX

Have you tried OPKs and temping? I did this last cycle and it was the first time I really felt like I understood what was going on w my body! I didnt test today. Had a late meeting. May just wait til AF arrives. I dont work tomorrow and will stay busy this weekend so my mind shouldnt be wondering so much.
What month are you in to trying? This is our 3rd. If it didnt happen im having my gallbladder out in a few weeks so its gonna put me outta commission until I heal! When we first started I was a nervous wreck and tested often. I think im just now starting to worry about it less, though I think about it constantly!

I tried OPKs maybe 9 months ago, I took them for 3 cycles ..... I was mainly taking them because we were enjoying the thought of having another and i wanted to learn my body first so we could plan a healthy pregnancy....but weren't quite ready.... As our last son had a lot of illnesses when he was born and we basically lived in the hospital the first 2 yrs... I had one MC after him, and I truly want to try everything to get my body healthy before we really ttc .... But we have been NTNP for a few months now :) we both want it now , but we know it be best to wait for a number of reasons ..... I think once I know I'm healthy I will start opk again and actually try to bd on the fertile days ... I just need to get this clean bill of health for the new ur so we can really ttc!! Do you have any symptoms right now? I hope the witch stays away for u!!! You have such willpower too , I would have gave in 10 days ago!! Lol

I understand exactly what you mean. While we would love to give our daughter a sibling, I can think of nothing worse than being really physically sick while you are pregnant. With our daughter I started having gallbladder pain in the 2nd trimester. Dr said it was inflamation in my ribs from stretching. Im not sure. By the 3rd trimester I was nauseaus and hurting constantly. And as far as you go, im sure you want to know exactly whats going on so you can get on the road to recovery so you have a healthy baby.
I have been feeling tired and a little sick but both of these symptoms go with my gallbladder so I really havent seen or felt anything new. I just dont feel pregnant I guess so I havent been worried. With my daughter I didnt really get the symptoms until after it was confirmed. You better believe that if AF isnt here by Sunday, Ill be taking a test for sure! Lol
One thing we havent done is formally introduce ourselves. Im 26, married, have a daughter who just turned 2, work fulltime, and the thing ill miss most if we get pregnant again is vacationing! :p

Hey girlie. Just wanted to check up on you and see hwo your doing! Did u get your results? I had my gallbladder and appendix out yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->