Please help- clearblue advanced digital opk

unicornwish

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm waiting to O & am so annoyed with clearblue digi opks!
Used to use the original digi ones which were great & helped me conceive my son.
Went to buy them this time round & all I could get was the new advanced dual hormone ones which pick up oestrogen & LH surge. I'm not bothered about them picking up oestrogen as I've heard u can get several days where it picks this up when u take clomid. Also don't like testing with FMU, prefer to test around 2pm which I always have done & has been accurate for me.
Anyway first day CD9 got a blank circle (apparently it's always blank first time u test unless it picks up LH surge as has to establish a baseline before it can pick up oestrogen increasing). CD10 got a flashing smiley, then yesterday morning CD11 got a flashing smiley. As I don't like testing with FMU I tested again at around 2pm yesterday & got a steady smiley face, peak fertility so apparently has picked up LH surge.
When I ejected the test stick it had a dye run on it. In my past experience this can often give a false positive. I know clearblue & others argue that u should never look at the stick & u can never get a false pos but I know several people who have before, including myself when the dye has run.
Of course it could be right & it may have picked up the very beginning of my surge but I just have a gut feeling it's not. I have no symptoms of impending O at all & I always normally ovulate on CD 14 on clomid.
So ordinarily I would continue testing as I need to time intercourse spot on because I don't currently live with my partner, only now due to these new tests I can't as once it picks up steady smiley/peak fertility it won't let u test again for 48 hours ��
I'm so annoyed, really want to get some more tests but can't find the original clearblue digi's anywhere, I know u can order them online but they won't be here in time for today. Everywhere just seems to be selling these new dual hormone ones. Thinking I might have to just buy some ordinary opks.
Any thoughts anyone? Anyone have any experience of these new clearblue digi advanced tests? Thanks in advance x

I use these and yes I do get dye run but tbh I always get my period 14 days after the peak without fail

Hiya thanks for your reply
After a lot of research I basically determined that the new advanced tests don't actually give u a false positive but pick up on the LH surge a lot sooner than the regular tests. They're not more sensitive but the holder apparently has a 'brain' which picks up on the slightest changes in hormone levels. I managed to find some of the old digi opks, and according to them & my chart I ovulated on sat/sun. So the advanced tests picked up the LH surge 48 hours before the regular ones.
I know it's a good idea to have sex before the surge as well as close to it but I don't like the new tests purely because I prefer to time intercourse as close to ovulation as possible. Many women also gets days of flashing smileys which I think causes confusion & adds pressure
Unfortunately with the regular tests being discontinued the new ones are gonna be the only ones available.

Hey there

your right in what your thinking the dual hormone looks for two hormones estrogen and LH once it has found one it gives a flashing smiley while it looks for the other then you get your solid.

Re days of flashing smiley I am on day four lol your right tho it does add pressure when your already feeling it but you have better chances if there is :spermy: already waiting there for the egg :wacko: the whole thing bamboozles me tbh

With me I don't live with my partner (we've actually split since I originally posted so hoping i have been lucky enough to fall this month as it will be my last chance ��) so I had to just go for it when I saw the LH surge, which worked for me when I conceived my son 4 years ago.
But I guess if u are living together & can keep having regular sex to cover your bases it gives u an idea that O is on it's way.
Another problem with me is that I take clomid which can give inaccurate oestrogen (flashing smiley) results.
Good luck this month hope u get your bfp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->