Please help! Does this feeding schedule sound ok??

wifey2013

Reaction score
So my LO is 10 weeks old today! He's been eating 6oz 5x a day (about every 4 hours) for the past while. He sleeps through the night from around 9-10 to about 6ish. He doesn't usually spit up - it happens once in a while, but it's not even a teaspoons worth.

Last night I offered him 7oz before bed and he finished it all and slept well. He woke up at 6:45am for his morning bottle. This morning we offered him another 7oz and he finished it right up. It's been almost 5 hours and he isn't looking for or "asking" to be fed. He seems very content.

My question is, can I cut down to 4 feeds a day, but 7oz a feed if he's going 5 hours between feeds? I should mention that he's been gaining well - he's a bit above average, and weighing 12.5lbs 2 weeks ago at his 2 month apt (he was born 7.8lbs).

This would be the schedule (approx.):
7:00am - 7oz, 12:00pm - 7oz, 5:00pm - 7oz, and 9:30pm - 7oz.

I would really like to get him to bed by 7-8, but then he'd be losing out on a bottle. I feel like if I put him down around 7-8 he'd still sleep through until 5-6, because I have to wake him for his 9-10 o'clock feeding....

I don't know how to get him on a schedule that would have him on his last bottle around 7-9.... I also don't want to overfed him.... any scheduling advice, or what do you do to make sure your LO who is sleeping through the night gets enough during the day??

DD started sleeping through at 3 weeks and I never worried about "feeding enough." I just fed her when she was hungry which usually is 3-4 hours. Sometimes 2, sometimes 5. I wouldn't worry too much about a schedule and just feed when he wants

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->