:( PLEASE HELP: Have I got any hope?

Nicolle

Reaction score
After a lot of waiting and repeated scans, I found out yesterday that my sac had grown from 12mm to 13.2mm in 6 days...

It's also empty :( they said there is a little bleeding around the sac and it could be coming away and I will miscarry they offered me a D&C

I have an anteverted uterus also..

Is there any hope? Or shall I have the D&C I don't want it to come out naturally it scares me :( .. Honest answers please...

I had a D&C after my miscarriage in February... I was really surprised about how easy it was physically. Might be a good option for you if you're nervous of a natural miscarriage.... If the pregnancy is not viable. I was asleep for 30mins but it took only a few minutes.

I'm sorry you are going through this... but I really believe, as I said in your other posts, that in a healthy pregnancy you really should have seen a baby by now... I'm sorry hun, I know how much it hurts, I've been through three miscarriages... I had a d&c with my missed miscarriage.. I'm glad I chose that route as it was quick and I didn't have any residual bleeding afterwards. I did have heavy bleed and major cramps and back cramps about 11 days after, where my body just pushed out any remaining lining, it was just like a really bad period.. then all was good and I had a normal period 28 days after the d&c, so I got back to normal rather quickly!! I really hope the best for you hun and I'm sorry you are going through this!!

Have they said for sure the pregnancy isn't viable? And are you positive about how far along you are? If so, then it really doesn't sound good. I'm so sorry. :hugs:

Hugs - so sorry things don't seem to have worked out for you big big hugs :hugs:

Looking at the ever hopeful misdiagnosed miscarriages site they tend to suggest not making any final decisions until after you would have been 9 weeks and after having a final scan at that point (which I believe you have been offered).

I would probably book in for either a medically managed miscarriage or a D&C at some stage soon after that 9 week mark and ask for a final confirmatory scan just before that.

So sorry you going through this :cry::hugs:

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It's truly heartbreaking, I know. But I agree that by this point you should have seen a baby with a heartbeat, so long as you are positive on your dates. But I would say if there is any doubt in your mind you should opt for another scan. Just for your own emotional state.
As for the D&C, I've never had one. But I was offered one for my MMC. I chose medical management and would say it's really not for the faint hearted. Contractions, blood loss, passing pregnancy into a bedpan. Really awful. But my natural MC's have been very straight forward. Just like a heavy prolonged period.
Hope that's helped and big hugs to you.

I can just repeat what the other ladies have said. Maybe wait til 9 weeks, have another scan and then take it from there. U do need to know one hundred percent that this is not viable. I would trust what the fetal medicine doctors tell u and not just a sonographer. Im sorry u are going through this hard time xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->