Please help, I actually cannot take anymore.

K

Katieeeee

Hey ladies.

I am in total despair and I cannot take this anymore.

I don't know what's wrong with me and I've been in tears all evening. :cry:

Sorry if this is all a load of babble and makes no sense, I just need to get it out and I need advice.

Basically I get this thing, it's not very often but I've had it for 2 days running now.

It started in the middle of the night last night - I woke up and I have this EXCRUTIATING pain in my upper stomach area. It radiates through my ribcage to my back and up to my shoulders. It's so painful I can't go back to sleep, I can't lie down because it's worse when I lie down, I can't do ANYTHING. I try everything to get rid of it.

Things that have worked in the past - having a hot bath, putting a hot water bottle on the painful area, putting my fingers down my throat and making myself sick, taking Gaviscon, drinking milk, drinking water, stretching myself about in EVERY position I can think of and taking paracetomol - none of them are working anymore. :cry:

Last night I was BEYOND tired, I felt so ill - so I had an early night. That got ruined because I woke up at 2.30 and I was up for 3 HOURS in total agony. I tried all of those things to try and get rid of it and eventually I made myself sick, this gave me a tiny bit of relief but it was still there. I managed to eventually pass out through sheer exhaustion. I woke up this morning and it was gone, but my stomach still felt a bit delicate and sore.

I ate some breakfast and went into town and my friend and I went to Burger Kind for lunch. I started to feel it come back and throughout the day it's been there. This evening I ate some dinner and it's come back with a vengeance. The pain is indescribable. Aiden was screaming and screaming- he's going through a stage where he is SO clingy I just can't put him down to do anything because he starts screaming again. This combined with the pain just sent me into oblivion and I've spent the whole evening crying hysterically. Luckily I've got him off to bed and he's sound asleep now.

I've tried making myself sick again but it's not worked, neither has paracetomol.

This first started about a year ago. When I was working at the club I used to work at before I got pregnant, I was on my break and I drank a tomato juice and ate a packet of cheese and onion crisps. The second the tomato juice hit my stomach, oh my god the pain, it was like acid was burning my insides. It felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest and I couldn't breathe. Because I was so scared, I had a panic attack at the same time which made the pain ten times worse. The manager took me into his office and sat me down and asked me if I wanted him to call an ambulance...I refused because I didn't want any fuss...after about ten minutes it went away.

I got it again about a week after I found out I was pregnant. I was round my mum's and I'd eaten dinner, drunk a can of Dr Pepper and later on in the evening I drank a milkshake. I started to feel the pain starting so I asked my mum for a glass of milk because I thought it would soothe it but it made it ten times worse. This was the worst it has ever been - I was literally ROLLING about on her dining room floor screaming at her to do something. I was convinced I was dying. I went out in the garden and threw up all over her patio :( It lasted about an hour and a half...eventually I went for a shower to wash myself off and I don't know how or why but it just went instantly after an hour and a half of trying EVERYTHING.

I got it one more time throughout my pregnancy in the middle of the night and didn't get it again but last night was when it started again. I'm pretty sure it's because I ate a HUGE takeaway. I'm trying to work out what foods are setting it off because to me it's obviously that which is causing it.

I just don't know what it is? :cry: The pain, I just can't describe it. It's all through my stomach, and up my back...it's AWFUL. I just don't know what to do. I am SOOO tired to the point where I'm scared if I don't get to sleep soon but I know I just can't because this isn't going away :growlmad::growlmad::cry::cry::cry:

Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know what it is??

I'm thinking of going for some more gaviscon but I know that won't do anything - in fact it'll probably make it worse like it did last night.

Sorry to have rambled on, I just really really really need some help..I'm at athe end of my tether and I'm so miserable :cry::cry: Thankyou.

Sorry I have no idea hun. It sounds really painful though and I really feel for you. I think maybe you should go and get it checked out just to make sure :hugs2: x x x

have u seen a doc sounds like a stomach ulser (sp)

It sounds like a stomach ulcer or gastritis my love. Get yourself to the doctor to be checked out asap xxx

Ouchy hunny :hugs: :hugs: that sounds awful!! it really does sound like really bad indegestion / acid reflux!!! set off by certain foods?? maybe your tummy is not liking a certain food and its irritating it... have u ever been to docs about it hunny?? deffo think u should try going and getting a second opinion!! hope u get some sleep tonight hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Make an appt with the docs asap, could be a stomach ulcer and they bloody hurt! :hugs:

Oh god, aren't they really dangerous? I mean, can't they be fatal? :cry:

:hugs: They are quite common hun - dont panic. However, if your vomit is coffee coloured, or you have blood in your poo, contact NHS 24 xxx

It was brown tonight, but I think that's because I ate LOADS of chocolate cos everytime I ate a bit, it calmed the pain for about a minute and I needed the relief so I could pick Aiden up and stop him from crying!!!

Dont panic hun - but do go to a doc asap xxxxxxx

my sis had an ulsar and had meds for 3 months and is fine now xxxx

Gastritis is an inflammation of the stomach lining. My poor friend has had it a couple of times when very stressed and it causes her a lot of pain. See the doc though hun - they will be able to help xxx

sounds like what my mum had years ago.. gallstones, dr can diagnose it for you xxx

I had the exactly the same thing. Mine was gallstones, it started after i had my daughter. My doctor said one sign that it is gallstones is that the pain goes from front to back and is where the bottom of your bra sits. It is the worst pain ever and i would prefer labour.

Because i was so young they didnt suspect gallstones and i had it for 18 months b4 my gallbladder was removed. After i had it about 15 months i collapsed and a scan shoed gallstones, i then got very ill because my billary duct got infected because the gallstones had been trying to get through. I went private for the scan and i got it within 2 hours. It cost 200 pounds and was the best money i have ever spent. I wish you luck and hope you get sorted soon. xxx

I just saw yo are losing weight.... my doc told me that 2 things that trigger gallstones off are loosing weight and the hormones assosiated with pregnancy, with me it was both. Just a thought! The only thing that can be done that will get rid of them is removal of a gallbladder but its nothing compared to the pain of a gallbladder attack! xxx

Oh god, aren't they really dangerous? I mean, can't they be fatal? :cry:

:hugs: They are quite common hun - dont panic. However, if your vomit is coffee coloured, or you have blood in your poo, contact NHS 24 xxx

It was brown tonight, but I think that's because I ate LOADS of chocolate cos everytime I ate a bit, it calmed the pain for about a minute and I needed the relief so I could pick Aiden up and stop him from crying!!!

:rofl: I think it probably was the chocolate in that instance. Try some milk xxx

I had the exactly the same thing. Mine was gallstones, it started after i had my daughter. My doctor said one sign that it is gallstones is that the pain goes from front to back and is where the bottom of your bra sits. It is the worst pain ever and i would prefer labour.

Because i was so young they didnt suspect gallstones and i had it for 18 months b4 my gallbladder was removed. After i had it about 15 months i collapsed and a scan shoed gallstones, i then got very ill because my billary duct got infected because the gallstones had been trying to get through. I went private for the scan and i got it within 2 hours. It cost 200 pounds and was the best money i have ever spent. I wish you luck and hope you get sorted soon. xxx

That's exactly what it's like!!!!

I know I shouldn't have done and don't tell me off, but I just googled the symptoms of gallstones and it fits EXACTLY.

^^^ Get a doc appointment asap - dont want you in all this pain for too long! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->