Please help, I actually cannot take anymore.

"You get pain in your abdomen when a gallstone gets stuck in one of the tubes that carry bile. This pain is steady and bad. You usually feel it in the upper right side of your abdomen. It feels like cramping. Doctors call it biliary pain or biliary colic.

You often get this pain in the evening or at night. And it typically comes on fast, often after you eat. It may stop after only fifteen minutes. But it typically goes away after four hours to six hours. Sometimes it lasts up to 24 hours.

With time, the gallstone may pass. It just goes into your bowel and out in your stool. In that case, your pain goes away.

Your first attack of biliary pain may scare you a lot because it hurts so much. You may think you're having a heart attack. You may have to stop what you are doing. Usually, painkillers such as paracetamol and ibuprofen don't work for this kind of pain. Moving around or passing wind doesn't help either."

"The typical gallstone attack includes: Steady, severe pain in the upper abdomen that increases rapidly and lasts from 30 minutes to several hours.
Pain in the back between the shoulder blades.
Pain under the right shoulder."

"Gallstone attacks often follow fatty meals, and they may occur during the night."

"The pain is usually severe, dull, and constant, and can last from one to five hours.

It may radiate to the right shoulder or back.

It occurs frequently at night and may awaken the person from sleep.

The pain may make the person want to move around to seek relief, but many patients prefer to lay still and wait for the attack to subside."

I HAVE ALL OF THIS!

Im being treated for a stomach ulcer atm its a case of anti-biotics and a couple of other pills for bacteria and one for indegestion

When I was first reading your post instantly I thought stomach ulcer but as I got further down Gallstones does sound more like it.My mum had these and she used to be crippled over in pain,shortly after she was diagnosed with them she had her gall stones and gall bladder out.Is there any chance you could get an emergancy appointment with your doctor tomorrow hun?They might be able to give you some stronger painkillers,hope it doesnt ruin your christmas :hugs: I also remember eatting fatty found used to set the pain off really badly for my mum

my auntie had kidney stones and she was like that hun.. my sis had an inflamed gall bladder and she was the same too.. it just comes out of nowhere and goes all of a sudden...
defo something you should speak to your dr about tho hun, dont be worrying as its most likely something easily sorted xxx

haha i didnt read page 3 and my ideas have already been suggested so just ignore me lol x

I agree, get a doctors appointment asap. Hope you get it sorted quickly :hugs: xx

I get the pain that you get and ive been diagnosed (sp?) with a stomach ulcer. A doctor will be able to put you on medication to ease it. x

sounds like a bad case of indigetion :shrug: go get checked out though hun

i get the exact same hun but its when i ate anthing it used to make me go to hospital at least once a month since being on my diet and preg then diet again its come back but only when im eating wheat so not sure if its a reaction to it so i going to see doc in new year i really hope u get it sorted

Lou
xxx

lactose intollerency? or stomuch ulser? or stumach cyst? like said b4 go docs hun xx

Thanks for the advice everyone :hugs: the pain has still not gone away but I'm gonna try to sleep now. Hope it goes away before christmas :cry: xxx

Havent read through so soz if I'm repeating anyone else dude - sounds like gallstones or a condition called biliary colic to me, especially the shoulder tip pain.

The fact that it came on after fatty food (BK) and milk would confirm this. The pain is as your gall bladder contracts on the stones to try and break down fats.

You need to see a doc and have a scan done but most important in the mean time is to GAH follow a low fat diet :cry: :dohh: :cry: at feckin Christmas too GAH This stops the stones being irritated. If you do need an op, it is super simple and done as a day case in lots of places now.
And I know you - no GOOGLING and finding some horrid fatal illnesses until you see the doc :rofl::rofl:

hey hun im not 100% sure but i think i had that too.. i first got it when i was pregnant and was so scared i went to the hospital but it went away as soon as i got there and since i had spicey food and went to sleep they told me it was that, but then i got it again after LO was born and i hadnt eaten anything,
and i too throw up not on purpose but because of the pain and it usually helps,it was so bad i cry and just sit on the toilet floor holding my tummy and not beeing able to breath,my mum saw it once and was really worried then after 5 minutes i was absolutely fine! im almost sure its the same thing,
since then i can feel it when its coming on and i immediately have a pill called renie, i think its for heartburn but not sure,its a sucking tablet.
i told my pchycologist about it and he said its pcycological due to stress and he even gave it a name but i do not remember :(

for me it usually starts with hurting when i breathe in one side low down on my back and high up where my ribs are like JUST under my breasts and it feels like someone is squeezing me very very tightly. i too thought i was dying from the pain the first time i could not breathe because with every breath i took it hurt and i just held my breath as much as i could..

is this what your having? i dont really believe what my doc said it is since all pchycologists say its a mind thing, the weirdest thing about it is how little it last for and after you just feel weak.. hope we find out what it is soon, i completely forgot about it because its been a while.

I have had gallstones before and I can control them by eating lower-fat foods. I tend to have gallbladder attacks when I eat too rich of a diet. It sounds like a lot of your pain has come on after fattier food. You should go to your doctor though. They will probably want to do an ultrasound of your stomach to rule out something more serious. Good luck.

:flower::flower:
Really sounds like Gallstones to me sweetheart. You really need to see a doctor as although you can manage it you can't get rid of it.
Try and get an appointment today to stop us worrying about you and at the very least get some stronger painkillers.

You poor thing :hugs::hugs::hugs:

it sounds like galstones you need to go to the gp! x

Did u manage to get any sleep last night??

Feel any better?? xx

Go to your doctor - my mum's got gallstones and if often feels like she's having a heart attack but go get it sorted love. And avoid fatty and premade food, eat light meals of veg and grilled chicken etc no crisps and chocolate etc!

Thankyou so much all you lovely ladies. :hugs:

It's gone this morning thank god and I got about 5 hours sleep, not too bad! Hopefully christmas dinner won't set it off, although to be honest I think it's things like greasy takeaways that do it.

It's definitely made me realise that next year I need to start taking care of my health a bit more.

you still need to go the docs hun! it really spounds like golstones and the quicker you go the quicker they can treat them as they dont just disappear! takeawys nad acidy foods are triggers for them also being pregnant can be! go see your gp in the new yr!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->