please help, im new to this??

twomummies2be

Reaction score
Me an my partner have recently just started trying for a baby, I got my PD today to our disappointment :nope:
Ok so I thought everyone ovulates like between 10/14 days after period starts but when I bought clear blue digital ovulation tests I discovered I ovulate the week just before my period is due, is this normal or I am just trying at the wrong time of month... This is the second month now we have been trying. Also we are a lesbian couple so using a donor and doing A.I at home.
I would like to hear peoples ideas or suggestions to help us out.
Thanks for reading :flower:

Sometimes OPKs can be wrong. I used to get positives only to find out I didnt ovulate at all. Some hormone imbalances such as PCOS can cause false positives. Have you tried BBT charting?

No we haven't tried anything else as I thought just checking when I was ovulating was going to be enough but obviously not now :(
I'm just worried that I'm not doing it at the right time.
So how does doing a BBT chart work? Should I record my temperature an would I notice a difference when I'm ready to ovulate?

You wouldnt notice a temp rise until after you have already ovulated, it confirms that ovulation actually did happen. You can keep track of cervical mucus and cervical position to get an idea of when you are going to ovulate. Do you have regular cycles?

Yes my cycle is very regular.. every 29 days and I also notice my cervical mucus but this doesn't happen until usually around 18/19 days after my period started. I know that I am definitely ovulating but its just about getting the timing right. At the minute I'm just totally confessed. I think the 1st month I was to early and the second month I was to late, I can't seem to get it right.

Charting will help you determine the length of your luteal phase. If it is too short getting pregnant can be difficult.

Is there any kind of supplements u would recommend to help me with trying to conceive?

Geritol, and soy iso can sometimes make you ovulate sooner

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->