***PLEASE Help***Just Curious About the Month You Actually Conceived :)

With DD we were NTNP for about 3 months before falling pregnant. Last pregnancy was a surprise which unfortunately ended in Mmc. I had only been on the pill for a month and decided I didn't like it so stopped taking them before the pack was done and got a positive HPT before even getting my first bleed. This pregnancy we started actively trying 2 months after the mmc, used opks and preseed for about 6 months with no success, then I started taking soy iso pills and got pregnant the next month.

My first baby happened first month, I wasn't doing anything special. I do know that due to illness we only dtd once around the middle of my cycle.
My 2nd took 7 months. The only extra thing I added in were opk strips. The first month I used them we dtd once at +opk and I got pregnant.
My 3Rd baby I did opks again. But nothing happened. It took year but I gave up all the opks and the testing multiple times per cycle and then found myself pregnant when I really wasn't expecting to. Again we had only dtd once and it had been 5 days before I was due to o so I was sure I wouldn't catch that egg.
My 4th baby took 2.5 years to conceive. After the first 18 months I pulled out all the big guns. Charting, temping, cervical checking, fluid monitoring, opks. Turned out I was only having 6 days between ovulation and my period which isn't enough to implant and release hcg before the period starts. So I took vitamin b6 for a couple of months to lengthen that then stopped everything. I was ready to give up. Then out of nowhere I got my bfp. We had dtd the day before and the day after o.
This time took 7 months, I wasn't doing anything, I had opk'd to make sure I didn't have the same issue as last time but after a couple of months I stopped and due to dh being ill we had only dtd once around o so doing nothing and only having sex once seems to work for us ha ha ha
I am glad I did all the madness otherwise I'd never have known about my problem and may not have my youngest son now.

My first two I was doing everything I could, cycle monitoring, temping, etc etc. It took several months to conceive each of them. This one was a NTNP, one-time shot. Took me totally by surprise. So it really can happen either way!

We were trying for five a half years for our rainbow baby and we tried everything, we got pregnant a few times but I suffered with recurrent miscarriages. Most were chemicals but had a couple of miscarriages at 5/6 weeks and one a couple of weeks later. For the last 4 years I charted every cycle with BBT and OPKs and we DTD at least 2/3 times in the fertile window. I have PCOS so on/off in that time I also took Clomid (once for 6 Cycles, which didn't result in pregnancy) and Metformin (got pregnant 3 times whilst taking this), we used a fertility monitor (was using this about 3 of the times I got pregnant), On and off in that time we also tried Soy Iso and got a BFP just after I stopped taking that.

My rainbow baby was conceived on holiday as was my current pregnancy. I still charted (BBT and OPKs around when I expected ovulation) but took nothing else and was more relaxed about when we DTD and both times it ended up being twice in fertile window. The only thing I would say is that we were more relaxed and less stressed about work, family etc

ETA:- This time it took 4 cycles of TTC, current just over 4wks pregnant.

First time that wended in mc, I used an opk. Second time that also ended in mc, I was tracking temps. This time, was 100% unexpected. We had stopped "trying" and it just happened. We've been at it about 2 years now.

Here's our details:
Oct: Major Health Kick, Working out a lot! BFP!
December: MMC
Feb: started TTC based on Clue app
Jun: got on BnB and started using FF, Ovia, realized my cycles may have been off this entire time, started using OPKs to pinpoint ovulation, which sure enough turns out to be later than most
Jul: started CoQ10. late in the month - BFP! three days later
Aug: early loss 5w. Started working out and being super healthy, focusing on me. late aug, BFP! Immediately started progesterone, later baby aspirin.

I don't know if any of these things helped or a combination, or just finding out our timing was off, but I was definitely less focused on TTC in august and more just on being healthy. Still did opks more out of habit than anything.

Hi Amber, like you, my fiancé and I were TTC using so many over the counter items and meds that we thought would help. After 3 or 4 months of trying, we decided to just wait. The next month I fell pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->