Please Help Ladies! Need Answers!

MomToBe713

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This may be silly but I'm 7 weeks pregnant today. I've had lower back cramping, never too bad, since the beginning so I've never worried about it.

I've had no spotting thus far, except for this afternoon. It was just a few drops when I wiped (sorry for tmi) and it REALLY hurt when it happened while peeing.

It's been about 6 hours and no more bleeding and no pain when peeing anymore. Plus I've had zero stomach pains.

First thing tomorrow morning I'm getting my first ultrasound. I'm from Ireland and unfortunately you don't get your first scan until about 12 or 13 weeks but they said they'll try and fit me in tomorrow morning.

Just in case I don't get my scan, has this ever happened to any of you ladies? This is my first, beloved baby and I just really need to hear some positivity, I'm losing my mind until tomorrow :cry::cry::cry:

If you had painful urination with several drops of blood it actually sounds like a urinaty tract infection. They can test you for it tomorrow with a urine test.

Oh I never knew you could bleed with a UTI! Thank you very much, I appreciate your reply. :) It's just I had urine tests done only about a week and a half ago and they were all clear for those things :(

I agree it sounds like a uti, I'd get it checked out though, just in case. Might need some treatment. Hope you feel better soon! :)

Uti's can develope in a day...even if your were tested a week and half ago could still be uti:hugs:

Thank you so much ladies, I never knew all of that! You've put my mind at ease :) I'm naturally a worrier so when I saw the blood it just freaked me out :( Thank you all again!

does the hospital not have an emergency room? the coombe has..midwife, on call doctor and an ultrasound machine..they can test your urine and all there for you? I'd presume all maternity hospitals have it.

Yeah when I called my hospital they said they wouldn't be able to do the scan tonight? :( I don't know, she just said come in in the morning, or to come in straight away if the bleeding persisted or got worse but I haven't had a drop since that small amount 6 hours ago. That's why I'm waiting until the morning :(

I had a UTI in July and had no clue until all the sudden there was blood when I wiped and it was painful. I tried to just drink a lot of water to flush it out as it was Fourth of July weekend and we had plans. Big mistake. Within three days it developed into a kidney infection and that was rough. It definitely sounds like a UTI. Make sure you are drinking LOTS of water and continue to throughout your pregnancy. I have been advised it's especially important when expecting to stay hydrated. Hopefully the doctor can give you a safe antibiotic to clear it up. Feel better!!

I would also get some cranberry juice. It's a natural way of helping with a UTI. I haven't had one this pregnancy but have had plenty, always very painful and with several drops of blood in urine. I'm sure the baby is well, just take care of yourself mama.

Thank you so much ladies!

I had my scan last Monday at 7+1 and the ultrasound lady said everything looked good and normal, I saw the little heartbeat and she said no blood was around baby and the relief was unbelieveable! I just turned 8 weeks today and for the past 40 hours have had that awful pain again! I just feel like every time I finish peeing, I have to keep going! and today I've had a few drops of blood again ;( This is torture! I'm going to my doctor tomorrow to sort this out, I just wish I was 12 weeks already ;( and my next scan isn't until April 15th ;(

I'd agree with PP's, sounds like a UTI to me! Obviously, only the doctors will be able to sort you out, but do your best to stay hydrated until you can see someone. Lots of water, and cranberry juice can be good for UTI's as well. Good luck, hope you feel better!

I second what everyone else said, UTI!

Did they take a urine sample when you had your ultrasound to check for UTI? x

Thank you all so much :) No they didn't but I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and will definitely be getting them to take a urine sample! It's so scary seeing blood, no matter how little, even if it is just a UTI :( I appreciate all the advice and kind words, you've really helped put me at ease :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->