Please Help Me :( ADVICE NEEDED!

Kelly177

2 little girls aged 5 & 3
Reaction score
Help Me Please Someone My 7 Months Old Started Waking During The Night Like 2 Months Ago And Wakes About 3 or 4 times EVERY Night Without fail, so i tryed warming the room up didnt work cooling the room down didnt work more blankets nope less blankets nope sleeping beside me didnt work calpol before bed beacuse i thought it might be her teeth as she is teething and nope that didnt work either even giving her calpol when she wakened during the nite and to get her back to sleep she has to have her bottle which is probley because she doesnt take a dummy. ive tryed giving her a pillow and that didnt work either im really at my wits end and its causeing me and my other half to argue as were both tired alot now any one been threw the same with any advice?

:shrug:

At 7m my Lo was still waking at 11, 3, and 7 and he didn't sleep through till about 14m which is common. At 7mo I'd suggest that the times your LO did sleep through were a fluke and they still need milk during the night - it's perfectly normal that she'd need her bottle.
I'd do your last nightly feed then once more in the night at least and encourage LO to wake once a night for milk, which is better than 3 or 4 times atm. x

At that age, my LO still got a dream feed when I went to bed and that helped. He'd often still wake and need settling, most often with a bottle at around 3/4am. He did get through the night at around 10 months but even now, at 16m, he can have a bad week or so where he needs some more reassuranc/dummy rescues in the night.

She's still little yet so I wouldn't worry too much. One thing my helpful HV suggested was making sure LO gets a decent protein boost at tea time, helps keep little (and big!) tummies fuller for longer

Tbh I'd just try to change how you think about it. I know that it's a popular idea that babies shouldn't be waking much, if at all, at that age but the truth is, they do! It's completely normal and it's not something you can change in a lot of babies, not without being cruel anyway. What really helped me was just to accept it and get on with it - concentrate on finding ways to make it easier to deal with rather than wasting energy trying to change it. For instance, if your LO wakes every 2-3 hours, alternate who gets up (assuming LO is bottle fed) so that each of you is getting solid blocks of 4-6 hours sleep without having to get up. Getting up twice a night is much easier to handle than 4 times!

I agree with Rachel. It is sooo normal for a baby her age to wake that often. Babies go through stages of months where they need more night feeds. It is all about your attitude. I know it can be hard, but don't worry, it IS normal!

My daughter woke every 1-2 hours all night when she was that age. It was hell on earth. I think a lot of it was connected with teeth. It was hell on earth though. She did grow out of it.

If you're able to co-sleep try that. It was what saved me going completely insane. Maybe get your DH to sleep in another room? Not sure if you are working at the moment. If you are you may need to swap nights so you can both get some rest.

Again, with Rachel on this one. Mairi STTN from 6 weeks, but started waking from 7 months. It's only now that she sleeps through, but she still does wake about 1 out of 3 nights. It was very hard, but we ended up accepting it as 'one of these things' and now we're used to it.

Ben wakes up every 45mins- to an hour all evening and night EVERY night!! Hes 9 months and has always been a bad sleeper but has just got worse and worse. I never get any sleep at all - my head hurts, my eyes hurt - everything hurts!! So if you find the magic formula let me know!!! :-(

From 4 months to 8/9 months lo woke every 45 mins -a hour all night. He now goes 2.5 hours sometimes but some nights its still much more frequent. It is perfectly normal and although it wont solve your problem, it might help to know that its not just you.

We would not have survived without co sleeping so maybe give that another go. Also whenever dh is off I get a lay in and he gets up with ds. He doesn't get up at night as I'm breastfeeding so I think that's fair and it means I can catch up on a bit of sleep! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->