Please help me decide on my baby boy's name!

alliesearle

Reaction score
I'm about to have a baby boy and my husband and I can't decide on a name for the life of us! Since my daughter was born 5 weeks early I want to keep the stress down and thought I'd ask some friendly strangers!

Our daughter, 15 months, is named Dylan Rose (first and middle) and we love it. It's unusual enough and totally suits her and our creative, laid back lifestyle. We went with more unusual first name (for a girl) with the traditional middle and it just was such an easy decision to make.

We are torn now between the two following names:

Wyatt James
Crosby James

Wyatt has been climbing popularity charts so we aren't sure if that means it's unoriginal or he will be one of 6 in his class, or if those charts are kind of bogus. Crosby is much much lower on those charts so we love that but also don't want to name him something that everyone he encounters thinks is odd.

If you could weigh on what you like, what works well with our daughter's name, anything at all! And sorry if this is too long of a post, this is my first time posting!

Thanks to all. Xo

I prefer Wyatt, personally. Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about the popularity, my daughter's name has been in the top 10 since before she was born and I think we've still only met 2 or 3 other kids with the same name over 5 years. She hasn't had any other kids with her name in any of her classes/sports yet either. On the other hand, she has two friends named Logan that are both girls which I don't think is really all that common, so you never know! A more common name isn't a guarantee they'll be one of a few in a room and a less common name isn't a guarantee that they won't. Just pick what you like. :)

Crosby just makes me think of Sidney Crosby every time I look at it. I'm not sure where you're from or if hockey is even relevant there but it's a strong association for me in Canada!

Hi, I also prefer Wyatt to be honest. It's quite unusual over here in the UK and not a name I here often at all but like Star said, try not to worry about if it's becoming more popular. If you like it, that's all that matters.

I also think that Dylan and Wyatt go well together X

My 2 year old is called Wyatt! I adore it <3 also if we have a girl Dylan is on my list LOL

My other boys names are Leo, Owen & Milo

I love Crosby! Not my usual taste and I don't think it's one I would actually use myself just because I don't feel it's very 'us' but I really like it. It's unusual but not silly, it's definitely a masculine name and it's spoken as it's spelt so no confusion there.

I think Wyatt is adorable - W names really hit me right in the 'aww'!

ETA: Plus D(y)lan and W(y)att! Similarity is so cute.

I have a really common name and I've always wished for a more unique name. In any class I've ever been in there are several others with my name so as a kid I was always "[Name] M." or whatever. It's not the worst thing, and I never got teased for my name or had to spell it or explain it, but it makes me understand why people want unique names.

That being said, Wyatt is only in the 30s or so in the U.S. right now, and if you're somewhere else, it's probably REALLY unique.

I like Crosby a lot. I think it goes well with Dylan because both of them have musical roots and feel creative and distinctive to me.

My son's middle name is Wyatt so I am a little biased as I LOVE the name though Crosby is cute also.

Ironically we have Dylan picked out for baby #2, only for a boy not a girl, but it seems we have similar taste! Lol.

Wyatt has a rugged sound to it. But it can also sound cute for a baby boy. Crosby? I'm not quite feeling it. Definitely Wyatt in my honest opinion!

I prefer Wyatt, because Crosby makes me think of Bill Crosby and not a cute bubba.

Wyatt is lovely and goes well with your dd's name.

I'd just ignore popularity charts. We tried to avoid overly popular names but within a year of each being born their name was top 10! Clearly we're just ahead of the trend :haha:
Amelia and Oliver were both #1 for years and we've only come across one or two and not ever in the same class. Isabella and Eleanor both became top 10 too but I've only ever come across one Isabella and no Eleanors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->