Please help me..... i'm at my tired wits end!!!

L

lepaskilf

I'm sitting here at 00:40am feeding Tom again! He's 8 months old, is on 4 good solid meals a day (not BLW as I went back to wk early so couldn't commit)....Has a good bedtime routine.......bath/wind down(story)/booby/bed, which starts at 7pm, but he always needs booby to fall asleep..............Which could be around 7:30pm (if i'm lucky!!) to 10:30pm!

If I try putting him down awake, no matter if he's drunk me dry, ready for bed, wide awake or very sleepy he will scream and cry until I feed (comfort suckle) him to sleep!!! He then wakes every few hours looking for for booby!!!

I don't want to leave him crying but I know I can't feed him to sleep forever! and I'm exhausted!!!!!!!

He starts in his own cot and then at around midnight comes in to my be for the rest of the night, (I'm just too tired to be up and down with him).

I just think, he can't be hungry, he eats loads during the day.........

What do you natural parents do? How did you LO's start sleeping through (without just leaving them!!) Sorry for long post but I'm desperate for a good night's sleep!!!!!

xxx

first of all i promise you won't have to feed him to sleep forever!

honestly i just deal with it. it is really hard sometimes, waking up a million times, but i know i'm helping her grow, it's even harder being a baby. i imagine it like a season, the season of her babyhood..soon it'll be over.
it definitely helps that i co-sleep. because then i'm not getting up in the night really, i'm still in bed.
i know it's hard :hugs: i'm sorry i don't have a better suggestion but all i can do is share how i deal.

I'm not sure how to help, my sister is still having to BF her 2 year old to sleep (yes even during the night). So I'll be watching this thread for any advice from her, she's dying to stop!
Good luck!

I know deep down that it won't be forever and it is nutritious still but when 4am rolls by I think Aaaargh!!!!!!

I'm not sure how to help, my sister is still having to BF her 2 year old to sleep (yes even during the night). So I'll be watching this thread for any advice from her, she's dying to stop!
Good luck!

Ohhhh Noooooo!!!!!! :wacko:

My plan was to BF before bed and BF in morn before getting up.............. He doesn't BF during day anymore, so if anyone can help how do I get him sleeping through?????

I had the same problem with both my little ones; the problem came from the fact that they always were used to falling asleep while breastfeeding and therefore they always needed boob to comfort suck whenever they woke up at night to get them to fall back asleep. I asked my Health Visitor for advice and she told me to make sure baby doesn't fall asleep while feeding even during the day so they break the habit; it's easier said then done lol; so you have to tickle their feet and "pump" their arms when u see they start to doze off; so it's a bit harsh maybe... In the end what worked best for me is getting them used to a dummy at that stage, they both took ages to get used to one and kept spitting it out but eventually liked it and we used it instead of the comfort boobie feeding at night time. It works best if baby can co-sleep with you so they still have your smell, I found that really helped and they weren't traumatised/screaming because I was giving them a dummy during the night instead of breast (and knew they weren't hungry).
There's probably better advice out there but this is what worked for us. Good luck!

that's interesting, thanks. I've never tried a dummy with Tom, or a bottle so bet there will be some reservations on his part lol!!! I'll wait see if anymore advice appears and poss give it a go cheers xxx

I'd suggest dummy too. But that causes problems too... Kaiden uses a dummy to fall asleep then usually spits it out after 5 mins or so. The issue we have is I end up being woken 2-3 times a night to put it back in! So you have to weigh that up.
Can't remember if you said you co sleep or not? That usually helps to get a good sleep, we don't even need the dummy when he's in our bed.

he stars in our bed but the gravitates to ours as the night goes on, but I still don't get much sleep! To be honest, I think it's because I don't enjoy BF anymore due to this issue!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->