please help me with some holiday ideas

choc

Reaction score
So I was all set for my all inclusive holiday abroad, got an amazing price but DH has said no its still too much as we are saving for a house deposit. I am gutted and trying to find an alternative. I thought about eurocamp but that was more expensive than my AI holiday! So I looked at caravan parks in the south of france but wanted one with good water park etc and that was nearly a grand before I did flights!
So im looking for inspiration, I want to go abroad and have pools and splash parks and the beach as ds will love that. Any ideas?

Can you not try and go out of season to bring the cost down? Or a week down south in cornwall/Devon? I actully have a holiday booked that i have to cancel now bcoz we are getting a house.

Has to be school holidays as I am a teacher. Really want abroad as ds desperate to go on a plane and want to guarantee the weather!

Aww no way! Think its awful how much they put the prices up in school holidays, have you looked at places like Turkey? Suposed to be quite cheap

We are planning to wait til the summer and get an extremely last minute deal. If you book only a week before they're very cheap!

The deal I have already is 1400 all inclusive at the perfect resort for ds. With a last minute deal I feel like itll be a case of just taking whats on offer but it might not be good for ds and would I get much cheaper than 1400? Not done last minute before!

I just cant believe that caravan sites are 800 to 1000 and then flights and food on top!

The deal I have already is 1400 all inclusive at the perfect resort for ds. With a last minute deal I feel like itll be a case of just taking whats on offer but it might not be good for ds and would I get much cheaper than 1400? Not done last minute before!

I just cant believe that caravan sites are 800 to 1000 and then flights and food on top!

Yes it will be much cheaper, about £800 at most! My mum and sister went to Kefalonia last year and it was under £500 and fantastic. Another thing to consider is going in October half term to somewhere like Greece where it will still be hot. Much cheaper then!

But £1400 isn't that much, maybe keep working on your OH?

Thanks emy, I know the price is great, thats what is annoying me. But his point is its 3 months savings that should be for the mortgage.
Im gonna check out october, thanks.

Have a look at Center Parcs in Belgium or Netherlands. We are looking at going in May.

It costs 600€ for a VIP Lodge with Sauna, breakfast rolls delivered every morning, water park etc + £200 for ferry crossing from Harwich to Hook of Holland including car. You can get cheaper lodges as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->