Please help, my daughter is touching herself. .

it is normal for little ones to explore them selves i wouldnt worry to much about it.

As the other ladies have said, it's normal for kids to explore their bodies, but I would definitely talk to her about inserting anything into her body that isn't meant to be in there. Like another said, in ears, nose etc... all parts.

It's definitely normal Hun and it's good she's figured out its a private thing quiet quickly x

The cotton swab would freak me out. All my kids have played with themselves. ..my girls more obvious than my son (never seen it and he's 12 but you know. ..he's a boy...I'm sure he does!). My oldest calls it exercising and goes in her room. My 4 year old calls it wiggling and often uses the couch but we are encouraging her to use her room. Never seen them without their pants but if that's what they want to do. My son once practiced "getting girls pregnant" by peeing on a tree with a friend. LOL. Had to set that straight as I didn't want him to be completely misinformed. My advice is to keep it extremely matter of fact and normal. Also maybe just knock first. Give her that privacy. Wish my four year old had that sense to use a private place. I would also say to use fingers is okay but nothing else because toys could cut the skin or get stuck. I mean. ..what else can you say? I would maybe get a book about safe touching. ....just in case? ?? I doubt there is anything but just to get rid of that what if feeling perhaps??

My girls all went through this stage but not till they were close to or entering puberty , 4 is a little young.

I think it is quite normal, though I would try talk to her about inserting things because you never know what bacteria could be on them or how she could hurt herself. My boy is two and is already highly fascinated with his "pee pee" as he calls it. Not sure who taught him that though as I call it a penis.

It is normal. Definitely chat with her about inserting things in her body as others have said any part. But please don't freak out x

My daughter is 3 and has recently started exploring her area. I dont like the thought of it and I just tell her to stop touching it and go and wash her hands.. I dont shout or nothing but I just cant deal with it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->