Please help, really worried about stitches 15 weeks pp

Silverwing

Reaction score
I am sat here in tears because tomorrow I am going to get my stitches swabbed by a nurse as at 15 weeks pp they are still very tender and occasionally bleed. I am so scared that I haven't healed properly.

I want so badly to be intimate with my husband but the thought of anything touching them makes me cry.

I have thought about looking down there and checking that the wound hasn't opened up, and this sound ridiculous, but I don't think I'd know what I was looking at if they had as I haven't ever really looked down there even before becoming pregnant.

Please, has anyone else had this before?? What treatment did they offer. I am so scared.

:hugs: are they not dissolveable?? I woulda thought they woulda taken them out by now x

I think they are dis-solvable so it might just be that the wound isn't healing now that they have dissolved. I have a few hours till my appointment and I am really worried.

Good luck & let us know what they say :hugs: x

Hey ladies :-( They aren't sure whats wrong but I am very sore and swollen down there. Might be an infection. I will find out my swab results on Thursday/Friday but the nurse did say that I didn't seem to have a prolapse and the wound hasn't reopened. Fingers crossed I just need some antibiotics and it will all clear up.

Aww hun!! Really hope a good dose of antibiotic will sort it out :hugs: x

Hey ladies :-( They aren't sure whats wrong but I am very sore and swollen down there. Might be an infection. I will find out my swab results on Thursday/Friday but the nurse did say that I didn't seem to have a prolapse and the wound hasn't reopened. Fingers crossed I just need some antibiotics and it will all clear up.

Hi hun, I am goung through the same thing. I have had swabs taken twice and came back clear both timees. They are saying that my womb is red raw and seeping. Went to docs again today and she did blood tests as there is a better chance of finding an infection that way. Ihave had antibiotics already but not cleared up. Have u been told anything else

omg im in the same boat 15 weeks today and my vagina is so sore ive had swabs that showed nothing, i have been given thrush treatment but cant actually insert the pessary without screaming, im so sore im going to insist a doctor see me tomorrow! Hope we all get sorted soon! :) x

I called yesterday to get the results from my swabs and they said there was no one available to speak to me so I have to phone on Monday to get the results and book an appointment with the Doctors.

For all those going through the same, big hugs! It is so annoying and sore. Fingers crossed we get sorted out soon Xx

What degree tear did you have? I still feel sore from time to time especially after sitting and walking etc and I had second degree! The stitches I had have pretty much dissolved but don't worry, the wound heals even without the stitches apparently so they've done their initial job. If it helps I had swabs done and blood tests for infection and there was no sign of infection - maybe its just taking that bit longer to heal?

I can't bear the thought myself of having my 6 week check in next couple weeks - I'm worried all the tenderness will be so much worse after! Antibiotics might help if its possibly infected... I wouldn't have sex or anything though as you could iritate your cervix more, I'd wait a little longer if you're experiencing pain.

My swabs came back negative so I have to book an appointment to see a doctor tomorrow :-( If it is just that I am taking longer to heal that is fine, I just hate not knowing what is going on!

LuSmith, I had a 2nd degree tear.

I know I'm still sensitive down there and slightly tender but I'm only 6 weeks pp! It could take longer to heal though, everyones different and our bodies have been through alot.. I've heard some people say it can take months to feel normal! Not to mention I'm having other complications now. I also had second degree tear. Hm, hope the doctor has some answers for you and manages to work out whats wrong!

Hi Silverwing, just wondering how u are now.

I feel slightly better after taking antibiotics but still not right.

I've been putting off going to the doctors because I'm just so sick of being poked and prodded. I have however been keeping the area really really clean, changing sanitary pads every 2 hours and having a couple of showers a day. This is starting to help and I think I'm starting to heal properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->