PLEASE HELP: Scan findings???

Nicolle

Reaction score
Hey girls...
Curious to my scan the other day does anyone know if 12mm is big to not see a yolk sac? And how far does that make me?

I know I did the deed on the 7th October, I'm still trying to work out in my head if this is definitely a failed pregnancy :( just want to prepare myself for my next scan

Also my sac size last Monday was 9mm and Saturday it was 12mm :(

Sorry hun, I responded to your other posts already... I know you're scared and worried... but all you can do is wait and hope... a gestation sack should grow at a rate of 1 mm per day until the 9th week, yours didn't do that and you should be able to see something in it by now. That's not to say that your next scan won't show a perfectly healthy bean, just what is supposed to happen!!! Good luck and keep us updated!!

https://www.gpnotebook.co.uk/simplepage.cfm?ID=x20121228181257115747

This site might have more info for you on this topic.

Best of luck

If you are 7weeks as your ticker says you would most likely be able to see a yolk sac by now, and probably a heartbeat. I know that isn't what u want to hear but by now most people would see something. Hopefully it all turns out good for u sweetie.

Ignore my ticker I'm not sure if I am 7 weeks :( thank you so much. I was thinking this morning if I had sex on the 7th and conception was around the 10th? It takes up to 12 days for implantation? So wouldn't that make me less than 7 weeks now? Maybe I'm wishful thinking..
I'm just going to prepare for the worst

12mm you 'should' see something. My sac was 15mm according to doc although I think not measured well and that mean diameter given should have been less. I did a lot of research... Canadian literature suggests by 8mm and usually from 5mm. The uk generally works on 14mm. The measurements can vary by 20% between users so that needs to be considered too.

The best thing to do is wait but I know that's annoying to hear..

You should be able to see a yolk sac by now. When my gestational sac was 6.0mm, my yolk sac was 2.3mm, so by the time my sac was 12mm, there was obviously quite an established yolk sac.

If I remember correctly, from 4 weeks your gestational sac grows 1mm a day, so at 12mm that would make you 5+5. You should be able to see a yolk sac by then :( BUT that is still VERY early and doesn't necessarily mean this pregnancy isn't viable.

I hope everything works out for you and my fingers are crossed!!

Here's an amazing webpage that I used when I was fretting over my notes and every single measurement after my scans! It explains yolk sac and gestational sac measurements etc.

https://www.baby2see.com/development/ultrasound_sonogram/first_trimester_scans.html

xx

Thank you girls! Maybe this just isn't meant to be :(
I just keep getting flashbacks of the empty sac it just looked hollow and empty :( really don't wanna look at it on my scan on Monday :( x

Just had a thought. I've presumed your scan was vaginal, if it wasn't then you see a lot less and can have an empty sac up to. 20-25mm

Just had a thought. I've presumed your scan was vaginal, if it wasn't then you see a lot less and can have an empty sac up to. 20-25mm

Hi hunny, thank you :( but it was vaginal :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"