Please Help!-telling mom

I plan on going to college etc and hopefully get into paediatric nursing. But it can wait, I can be around 22-25 when I start and that's still young! Having my son made me realise I wanted to do something with my life! Of course being a mum and doing education will be hard but do-able!

I never wanted to travel tbh, but if I do, I can start at around 37 when I'll have an 18 & 20 year old! Plenty of time to do other things :)

Remember it's only about what you want :hugs:

Ouch. I know how hard it can be, especially when your parents try to pressure abortion, as they leave you on your own and mine kicked me out.. It feels like abortions the only way as you have no where to go. But the thing to remember is, parents always come round in the end, especially where a baby is concerned! I don't know how pregnant you are, but I'm 17 and waited until 15 weeks to tell my parents, and 20 to tell OHs - that's how terrified I was. But I was shocked, everyone just seems to want to support. OHs mum says she will take the baby whilst I'm at college, and that I can live at her house with OH and baby. It's not always as bad as you think it will be, and if if is, then distance yourself from the situation and she will come round.
I know how awful it is during the build up of telling parents, but we're all here to support you! Xxx

*I'm stalking******
I am not a teen mum, I was 27 when I had my baby so I can't imagine what you're going through with your mum but dear god she sounds toxic as hell. Believe me she should not be telling you what you should be studying for; a friend is mine wanted to study psychology, his parents made him do maths, he passed his degree but now is doing work experience within a psych ward!! You will end up choosing the path that interests you in the long run-do you really wanna wait 10 years to do that?! As far as her opines on your baby, and it is your baby not here, she has to right to tell you what to do! You sound like a very sensible woman, you have Plans in place to move away, sounds like you have a very wonderful boyfriend, the choice is yours darling, but to me it sounds like you've made the choice to be a mum. You will be amazing!

it isn't safe for you and your child to be around her, if you stress out, it affects your baby. If she loves you then she will get over it, but this is your child. you do not have to impress her or anyone else in your family for that matter. you need to do what is right for you and your baby. baby is number one priority. so do what you think is right!!

If you make a pregnancy journal please post link I will def stalk

Jesus, you're 20 years old, not 14! Your mother sounds like she's from the 1940s

:hugs: So sorry you're not being supported by someone who should be closest to you. Congratulations...you're absolutely BEAUTIFUL by the way.

Ps. You sound really switched on and mature. You'll be fine!

So I dont know if anyone remembers the situation with my mom. But the gist of it was that she wanted me to stay at home and in TN but my OH and I wanted me to move in to his house and raise our baby together in NC. I have been trying to compromise with them both and was going to continue staying here and going to school here until December, then moving with my OH. I revealed to my mom what I had planned today and she basically went ballistic. She called my plan selfish and ignorant. Even though I don't see how. She said that since I want to "shack up with a grown man" (me and my OH are both 20) that makes me an adult and she's cutting me off and not having anything to do with me and is disappointed in me. Her plan would have consisted of me staying in school this semester, then taking classes online andmoving into her house until the baby is like 5 months. Then getting on government assistance and going back to school and her paying for my baby, car, and apartment, while also taking my OH to court for child support. He's active duty in the airforce so he wouldnt get to see the baby except on thanksgiving and Christmas, which would destroy our relationship. When visiting my parents house during the summer I still have a time that they want to make me turn my tv off. And there is not an extra room for the baby. At this point the only pro I see about staying here is it being easier to stay in school but living with my OH wouldn't make it impossible. My mom also said she dislikes his parents because when they found out we were expecting 1. They werent angry and 2. They talk to me but didn't call her to "discuss what they were going to do" as if we were both kids! My OHs parents can't fathom why my mom wants to discuss me and my OH plans for our future with them. I just feel like I'm being enabled listening to her. She is refusing to allow me to become an adult for some reason. At this point I'm under so much stress and I'm so confused I just hate my situation so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->