Please help - what’s going on!?

ScotGirl18

Reaction score
Before I start I just want to say I have made an appointment to see my doctor and have tests done but it’s still a week away and I’m getting really worried so any advice is greatly appreciated.

I’m TTC after 3 miscarriages, last one was August 2018 at 14 weeks (baby boy had neural tube defect).
My last cycle seemed pretty normal. Ovulated on CD18 according to OPK’s.
At 8dpo I got a very faint positive BFP. I then got more faint positives on 9, 10, 11, 12dpo. However they weren’t getting darker. I assumed I was going to have a chemical pregnancy.
Sure enough, on 13dpo I started bleeding then had a very short and totally pain free “period” for 3 days. It stopped suddenly and haven’t had any bleeding since.
I tested 2 days after the bleeding had stopped. Got a slightly stronger positive than before but still faint.
I’m currently on CD11 so bleeding stopped 8 days ago. I’m still testing positive. Tests aren’t getting lighter and are actually slightly darker. However still quite faint.

I feel sick. I’m exhausted like I was with my last pregnancy and keep getting cramps.

I really don’t know what could be going on. Surely I can’t be pregnant and still be getting faint bfp’s and have a normal period? It doesn’t make any sense. Is this even a possibility? I’m doing about 3-4 tests a day (ridiculous I know) and although faint they are DEFINITELY positive.

There’s definitely hcg in my system, possibly retained products? I’m starting to get really nervous.

Any advice is great thanks. I’m so confused and worried and wonder what on Earth is going on with my body!?

Also forgot to add - fmu gives me much lighter positives. Whereas if I dilute my urine with some water or drink lots before testing then I get a much stronger test. A bit like the hook effect but that doesn’t happen until 6+ weeks!?

Sorry this is so long and confusing. Thanks so much for taking the time to read!!

I would ring the doctor and ask for an ultrasound and serial betas. At 6 weeks, they’d be able to see something so they confirm if you are retaining anything or if it’s viable. If it is viable, i’d venture that you lost a twin. Or that just sometimes people experience bleeding. I had a friend find out at 18w that she was pregnant because every 4 weeks she bleed a little. She just assumed it was lighter than usual as pre menopaus (older mom). I think she ended up having a low laying placenta, but she went on to have a healthy pregnancy and baby. Sending positive thoughts your way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->