Please Help....Winter Baby!

Honey79

Reaction score
Hi,

I am driving myself mad and so thought that I would start a new thread to see if anyone can help me.

I recently had an mc and am trying to "plan" when to try again. I have always wanted a spring/summer baby so that the child has better birthdays and so that I can do more with the baby after it is born. The rational side of me tells me to "get over it" and just have a baby when you can and the irrational side tells me that I have a point and that a summer baby is better for me.

Can anyone with a winter baby please tell me if I am just being unreasonable and the pros and cons (if there are any) of having a winter baby. I really am driving myself insane. I think largely because I was having a September baby before I mc'd and this is making me dwell on winter babies.

Any help is really appreciated...!

From a person who is going slowly mad!

I never even thought of winter vs summer baby when I was TTC! It took us quite a while to conceive so we just wanted it to work - but I have a winter baby (November) and I don't think I can't do as much because he was born in winter! I actually think its better because I was a summer baby and all the kids were on summer holidays on my birthday - I wished it was during the school year when I was little LOL...

Babies are perfect any time of year!!! :D
xx

Amelie was born 4th of Jan and apart from her birthday beingso close to Christmas it made no difference :D

I love my winter baby. We still go out every day with the buggy and I'm glad she'll be old enough to enjoy it a bit more in the summer when we go to the beach. I wouldn't have wanted her birthday any closer to xmas (she is 10th of Dec) but I didn't really mind when she was born, I just wanted a baby!

oh and a pro of xmas babies, my husband ran his pat leave into time off over festive period and ended up with 4 weeks off!

oh and a pro of xmas babies, my husband ran his pat leave into time off over festive period and ended up with 4 weeks off!

Mine did that too although the first 2 weeks of his actual holiday amelie was still inside! He was due to go back on Monday 5th and I had her on Sunday 4th LOL

Oh dear! I have a baby in each season and have to say there are pros and cons to them all. Just go for it!

I want a Winter baby next if I could as my poor lo was born in the Summer heat and it was just too hot to take him out for walks so we had to wait til nighttimes, now at 6months we went to South Africa to visit family and it was Summer there, and at 6 months it was perfect for outings and outside play!

Id be happy with a baby, wouldent care less when it was born

of course I am not fussy Im just saying preferably :p

I have one of each. It was actually hard to do anything the first 5 weeks outside with my summer baby because it was 100 + degrees out. With my winter baby I had to put him in little hats to sleep in for the first few weeks because he would get soooo cold. It was -30 out.

After reading this you may wonder where I live.... trust me you dont want to be here!

I dont think I would dwell on the time of year you are going to have a baby... it took us 1 month to get bfp with first baby and 10 months for second baby. When you get your bfp you will be sooo happy the season wont matter.

I was planning to originally try April even though I wanted a summer baby, but now its been pushed back to September due to getting married.

To be honest, all of OH's family have their birthdays in December and they still get great pressies and have a laugh no matter what (his sister is the only summer baby and she hates it!) and really as long as baby is happy and healthy its all good. Plus it may take weeks or months to finally fall pregnant.

I say go with the flow and have no expectations, that way you may be pleasantly suprised.

I'd prefer a baby between Feb and Nov just so its less stressed. Id love a baby on 3rd Oct because my late granddad, my fiance's father (also deceased) and I am all born on that day, kinda keeping it going, but I wouldn't care TBH.

Thank you all so much for your responses....

I hadn't realised that anybody had responded to the thread as I had no email notifications...I was thinking that I was probably the only person who posted a thread and didn't get a response...so pleased that you have all responded.

Having read Plutosblue response, i think the answer is definetley to go with the flow and have no expectations. Let's see what happens. Hopefully my first period after my mc will come in Mid Feb and we will start pretty soon after. I have read that it can take up to 3 months for my cycle to get back to normal and for me to start ovulating properly...i could be in for a long wait

Thank you all once again x

Bobby is an October baby and havent had any issues with a winter baby so far!

I dont think it would make to much difference when baby was born xxx

I mull over the pros and cons of winter/summer babies too, and I came to the conclusion that I'd rather have a spring/summer baby, only because I would rather not be pregnant in the middle of summer (my aunty was and hated it!) - it gets really hot here in Canada and I don't want to be lugging a big bump around with me in 35 degree heat lol. Of course if it came to it and I happened to have a winter baby I wouldn't mind!

I'd be happy with any kind of baby. When we started trying, I had all these thoughts too, but mother nature doesn't always work to some plan that you make up - she's got her own time-table. 15 months later and I couldn't give a damn whether we conceive a winter or a summer baby lol.

I was a winter baby, and I must say that I do wish I was born during a warmer season! Babies born in spring and summer can often have outdoor birthday parties which allows for more possibilities when it comes to party planning (barbeques, pool parties, camping, etc) whereas winter parties seem to be more limited. However, birthdays are only one day a year, so I guess that in the grand scheme of things, your child's birthday won't too big a deal!

I was a winter baby, and I must say that I do wish I was born during a warmer season! Babies born in spring and summer can often have outdoor birthday parties which allows for more possibilities when it comes to party planning (barbeques, pool parties, camping, etc) whereas winter parties seem to be more limited. However, birthdays are only one day a year, so I guess that in the grand scheme of things, your child's birthday won't too big a deal!

I'm a winter baby too (Jan 18th) - but my parents always used to wait til the summer to give me my 'big' present, that way it broke the year up a bit!

Violet was born end of April and people always said to me how brilliant that is as I'll be able to do things with her during the summer.

Well, didn't work out that way. We had terrible heat waves and the sun was always really strong. I didn't wanna take her anywhere near outside! It's hard to keep them cool when you're a first time mum and she ended up with heat rash a couple of times. You worry they get dehydrated and don't really know how to dress them. Sunscreen cant be used under 3months so if you take them outside then they've gotta be covered up but then you worry they'll get too hot!

With an older baby (say the age she is now), I wouldn't have worried so much. But when they're so tiny and cant regulate their own body temp, I pretty much worried about everything! It was bad enough with her the age she was, I'd have hated to have a newborn during that time.

Although, saying that, I really don't care what time of year they're born as any time of year is gonna just as special :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->