PLEASE help...

Lisa86

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm really sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place but I'm in a terrible kerfuffle and stress. I feel so awful for what I'm about to say, especially as there are so many people trying to conceive but I'm in a really nervy situation I hope you can all help me out on...

I'm currently at University and doing quite an intense course. I've just come out of a year long relationship and have began dating somebody else. A suspicious bump has been growing but at the same time I have been eating a lot, so it may just be fat?

Throughout my relationship the contraception did fail at times but I thought nothing of it because I was on the pill and I was having periods regularly, until I learnt that periods on the pill weren't really 'real' periods. I came off the pill to see if I would have a natural period and I did: it was very heavy. I also took a Clearblue electronic pregnancy test which came back 'Not pregnant' but I'm really still not convinced because it does feel like a baby is in there... or is it just all in my mind? Is it possible to still have periods when you're pregnant? I think it's too late to make an appointment at the doctors and half of me is too scared to find out...

Sorry for the essay but I am absolutely terrified, it's horrible to say this but a baby would ruin everything and I'd have to drop out of University. I really do want a baby in the future but it's come at the wrong time.

Please ease my nerves! Thanks in advance - Lisa x

Hi Lisa

Definately go and see your GP and explain your symptoms as soon as you can to put your mind at rest and find out what the issue is. Just doing something proactive will probably make you feel better.

It may be worth you doing another test - maybe a normal clearblue one - just so you can tell your GP what the results were.

Make sure he gives you an abdominal examination - it may be just the extra food!!!

Good luck and dont panic x

i would sya the same...do another test! if its neg still go to the doctors an they will be able to check your stomach and maybe do a blood test which is more sensitive to picking up pregnancy. Good luck!

Thank you :) I am buying another test tomorrow, I'm just ever so confused that I've had normal, heavy periods and yet there's this odd, small bump. Ignorance isn't an excuse, I guess.

Hun, it is possible to have periods while pregnant! I agree with the girls above, retest and see a doctor even if it's negative, just to clear you mind about it! Good luck, and if you ARE pregnant, you will find TONS of advice and support on here if you want it!:hugs:

Hello :hi:

Welcome to baby and bump!

Have you tested yet? No matter what the result hun, either way you really need to see your GP.

Good luck and I hope you get the result you want! :hugs:x

Hello Lisa.
Defnately go to the doctors and see what they say, apparantly it is possible to get false negative results, but not postitive. As for university, don't worry too much, I am 12 months pregnant and continuing with uni, so there are ways around it. Hope you have your mind settled soon hun. xx

Hello Lisa.
Defnately go to the doctors and see what they say, apparantly it is possible to get false negative results, but not postitive. As for university, don't worry too much, I am 12 months pregnant and continuing with uni, so there are ways around it. Hope you have your mind settled soon hun. xx

12 months pregnant - blimey!!! I don´t envy you!!!

Def go to the doctors, they can tell you for def one way or the other and put your mind at rest. If you are pregnant and studying, its not the end of the world, you can take time out and continue at a later date - there are lots of options.

:rofl: @ 12 months pregnant!!! Bless! x

Some people have periods or light bleeding when they would have their period throughout pregnancy but it's unusual. My friend was 8 weeks gone when she tested because she'd had a normal period at 4 weeks. Of course she didn't know this till her 12 week scan! If you've had a heavy period after coming off the pill though and you've had a negative test then I think it's unlikely you're pregnant but a doctor can tell you for sure.

12 months pregnant - blimey!!! I don´t envy you!!!

Def go to the doctors, they can tell you for def one way or the other and put your mind at rest. If you are pregnant and studying, its not the end of the world, you can take time out and continue at a later date - there are lots of options.

Ha ha just realised what I wrote, christ I would burst if i was 12 months pregnant, you must have all been thinking i was a freak lol. I meant 12 WEEKS, sorry guys, Surely 12 months is unheard of lol xxxx

Hello Lisa.

I meant 12 weeks not 12 months, sorry x

Ha ha just realised what I wrote, christ I would burst if i was 12 months pregnant, you must have all been thinking i was a freak lol. I meant 12 WEEKS, sorry guys, Surely 12 months is unheard of lol xxxx

:rofl: bless ya!

Thank you all for your kind comments, you are a lovely community! I'll keep this thread updated as to what the result is, and if it's positive I suppose I'll stick around in these trimester forums, haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->