Please HELP!!!!

aprilm1987

Reaction score
What is everyone thoughts about clomid?

Here is my story!!

My husband and I have been trying since December 2012. I found out April 1st I was pregnant. We were excited. April 3rd I had a miscarriage. We were so so sad. No one know how far along I was since my last period was Jan, (No + test feb, march) My miscarriage wasn't bad (bleeding wise) emotionally it was horrible. The days went on with no period, finally the doctor decided to give me Provera (sp) the end of June 2013. I got my period July 2nd-5th. Not as bad and I though it would be since I went a few months with out. Well once again I am not getting my period. It has been 8 weeks. I did have a blood pg test done 2 weeks ago and it was neg. I called the doctor office today and they are wanting to do the Provera (sp) and also Clomid. I have to go in on Thursday to talk about it. My mother in law said she wishes they would of done a D & C after my miscarriage to clean me out. I have brought it up to the doctor office and they said if my system is not back to normal after the first of the year then they will do one. I don't want to wait until then because of my deductible is high and it is met this year.

I guess what would you do or have you done? What has everyone else been though?

I'm so sorry about the rambling.
Thanks

What is everyone thoughts about clomid?

Here is my story!!

My husband and I have been trying since December 2012. I found out April 1st I was pregnant. We were excited. April 3rd I had a miscarriage. We were so so sad. No one know how far along I was since my last period was Jan, (No + test feb, march) My miscarriage wasn't bad (bleeding wise) emotionally it was horrible. The days went on with no period, finally the doctor decided to give me Provera (sp) the end of June 2013. I got my period July 2nd-5th. Not as bad and I though it would be since I went a few months with out. Well once again I am not getting my period. It has been 8 weeks. I did have a blood pg test done 2 weeks ago and it was neg. I called the doctor office today and they are wanting to do the Provera (sp) and also Clomid. I have to go in on Thursday to talk about it. My mother in law said she wishes they would of done a D & C after my miscarriage to clean me out. I have brought it up to the doctor office and they said if my system is not back to normal after the first of the year then they will do one. I don't want to wait until then because of my deductible is high and it is met this year.

I guess what would you do or have you done? What has everyone else been though?

I'm so sorry about the rambling.
Thanks

I have PCOS and have completed 3 cycles of clomid, all of them have failed. I was diagnosed with the PCOS about 7ish years ago, and then used BC to regulate my cycles. We've been trying for about a year and a half with no luck. In those 1.5yrs I've had many 3 periods on my own and with NO regularity to them, so in june I had a withdrawal bleed using the provera and then started Clomid. I had no side effects until my last cycle of the clomid (150mg) the mood swings were awful, I had such terrible hot flashes and almost constant cramping (I was soooo hopeful that was b/c I was going to O, but nope) ...

I see a reproductive endocrinologist, which I'm seeing again on the 23rd for the next steps! .. I've heard many success stories with clomid, but if you're not ovulating on your own, I think it's a good/safe starting point!! ...

and I've never experienced a miscarriage, so I can't say what I 'would've' done, but I think for me personally I'd do the least invasive procedures first and see what happens!!!

Good luck hun, it's not an easy road, but there are a LOT of supporters on this site!!!!! :hugs:

Everyone has there own personal opinion in regards to clomid. My personal opinion is stay away from it. I had terrible terrible side effects on it nd still no pregnancy, also u have an increased risk of ovarian cancer later in life.
I would b asking for femara instead which does the same thing as clomid but is less harsh on ur body.

Good luck Xx

Using it here. 150mg cd3-7.
Had 2 follicles last month, left side. No pregnancy
This month had 1 follicle on the right side. 2WW at the moment.
Next month will be nothing as I am in the waiting for an HSG.
Then will do another month clom after this, and then 3 unmonitored if still not pregnant buy then. At $300 per month it's a very expensive period.

I would go with Femara instead of Clomid. It's much better, because Femara doesn't thin your endometrium. Also Femara has less side effects than Clomid. But I'm afraid F is more expensive than C. Good luck!!

I have PCOS, used the Provera/Clomid method and have a wonderful 16 yr old daughter to show for it. No side effects, no problems since.

It's up to what you can afford and if you feel comfortable taking it.

Lots of baby dust to you!!!

No side effects from the clomid/ hadn't had a period in 5 months when I took it. Started with 50mg and fell pregnant first round. It's cheap as too, only cost me $15 a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->