Please help!

Rns

Reaction score
Hello ladies. I'm new to all of this, but at a total loss on what to do.

I tested positive for pregnancy and all my numbers looked great 639 HCG and 16 Progesterone, then I tested 3 days later and my HCG only went up to 757, tested next day and HCG went up to 874, but progesterone went down to 10.3. Dr. said he could give me progesterone, but that it probably won't change anything. Went in for an ultrasound and was able to see a sac in the uterus. Completely beside myself and not sure what to do. I have had a miscarriage before several years ago and now at 37, looks like I will have another. I don't know if I should continue to try and support this pregnancy, or if I should take something to speed up the process. We have been trying for soooo long and were beyond excited when all of our numbers looked great, but now this. If I do wait, there is a possibility of infection and D&C procedure. Help please. Has anyone had HCG slowly rise with progesterone falling and still have a healthy baby?? I'm not sure what to do or think at this point....

I'm 5 weeks and 4 days
Thank you for your guidance

I know that my OB wants to see my numbers double in 48 hours or at the very least a 60% rise. But there are always some success stories online of ladies who were slow risers so all hope is not lost.
As far as your ultrasound, your just too early too see anything more than a sac so that isn't concerning.
I've never had low progesterone so I can't speak from experience but I know many ladies have had huge success by supplementing.
Honestly, it could go either way. But I think you'll always have regrets if you don't try everything.
Good luck

Thank you for your response. I'm getting the progesterone now and hoping, praying and having faith! It's so hard when you have been trying for so long, 3 of my friends my age are pregnant and you get a positive result. Please send prayers and thank you for your response.

So sorry for your loss... it's never easy.
Congratulations on your three blessings!

Losing a baby is devastating and I do hope this is your rainbow. You've waited long enough! I hope and pray for you and I'll even cross my fingers and toes!

Losing a baby is devastating and I do hope this is your rainbow. You've waited long enough! I hope and pray for you and I'll even cross my fingers and toes!

Thank you. We have been blessed with a beautiful girl, 6 years, but it was never my intention to have an only child. Just don't understand why I can't have another normal pregnancy. When I was pregnant with her, it was the best I've ever felt. This is our third pregnancy.

Hoping for another... Just took my progesterone, so just the waiting game now. Dr and nurse don't seem too optimistic, but I'm fighting and doing all I can for this baby.

Thoughts and prayers to you. I hope you get the results that you wish for and deserve. ❤️

I hope everything works out for you <3

Best of luck!!

I am not sure on the HCG and mine isn't even being tested, but my progesterone has been 12 and then 9. I've been having same worries but I am definitely taking the supplements and will see what happens. At least then we've tried everything!

I'm about 5 and a half weeks and I also just have one child, he is about to be 6 and I didn't intend for him to be our only child, either. So I am very happy about this BFP...I hope it sticks for both of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->