Please need urgent help- spoke to consultant updated

Lexi mummy

Reaction score
Hi

i just got back from my 20 week scan. when we were in there she said everything looked perfect and that we were having a little girl :cloud9: we waited in the waiting room to get our notes back then the lady who did the scan came out and said i need to see you again in 2 weeks. she said my baby's head is measuring small for my dates (during my scan i noticed the machine was estimating her head was about a week or so behind but because she didnt say anything i thought everything looked ok) and that she wants to see me again in 2 weeks. she said she doesnt think there is anything to worry about but she doesnt want to wait until 24 weeks when my next scan is she wants to see me sooner. she said she is being over cautious because of my history of my daughter being stillborn last year. lexi had nothing wrong with her and her 20 week scan was perfect. my husband is so angry he thinks the lady doing the scan was being slap happy and missed it. she thinks its nothing to worry but that as a precaution she wants to see me at 22 weeks for another check of head measurements.

the measurements are

BPD (i dont know what that means) 44.00mm
HC (head circumfrance?) 168.0 mm

can someone help im so upset x

UPDATED- 23rd december- my consultant called me and said from looking at the measurements i have a healthy baby growing in my tummy. he said they are just using the belt and braces approach and if i hadnt lost lexi they wouldnt of called me back in they are just be over cautious. he also thinks that i just have small babies and thats the way i grow them. he told me to sit tight and that he thinks things are fine so far. phew

thank you so much again for all your support yesterday xxx

Hi sweet, my notes are at home so i cant compare them but didnt want to read and run. The important thing is not to panic..they are just being cautions which is better than assuming everything is fine. I was admitted to hospital for a week at 8 weeks pregnant as they thought i was having an ectopic pregnancy aswell as a viable one, but it turned out they were just being careful and it was a cyst! Its easy to expect the worst especially after losing lexi lou, but try and stay posotive and if everything else looked perfect im sure your little lady is gonna be just fine xxxx

really sorry have n o idea didnt want to read and run

congrats its a girl she might just be measuring a little small and then check that her HC has grown in 2 weeks then would see no problem she just has a smaller head

if she said dont worry i wouldnt i know its hard xx

oh honey, try not to worry.

I had a growth scan last week, and noticed that when they take measurements it comes up at the side with the estimated gestation, I was 23+4, but some were coming up at 23, some 25, it was a bit random. I think sometimes they are just overcautious, probably even more so cos of your history.

ps. bps is biparietal diameter (head diameter)

I dont have my notes with me to compare, but can post them later for you. I was 20+3 at my 20 week scan, so they should compare well!

hi hun, i dont know but i have my notes from my 20 week scan here.

BPD wasnt written down
Hc was 168.5

i had a scan the following week and BPD was 49.9 then so im imagining that at my 20 weeks scan the BPD would have been about the same as yours aswell. x

my consultant told me everything was fine.

hope your ok hun :hugs: xxxx

i doesnt seem tht small compared to mine, im 20+4 and my bpd is 47mm so bigger then yours and my hc is 183mm so not tht big a difference i think she is probably being cautious due to your past :)

its a few mm out 19 weeks - 162mm and 20 weeks 175mm so only slightly smaller the label these babies with rules and all grown differently

remember when i have my growth scan his boby parts were measuring different weeks

i think you will be ok she just wants to check

hi there, at my 21 week scan most everything on the baby was measuring 21+4ish, but the head circ. was 20+6. nobody seemed concerned at all and my doctor said everything is perfectly normal. i'm sure they are just being extra cautious with you because of your history which is really good! :)
hang in there!

Hey hun i can't really give any proper advice but after reading the comments above i do think the lady was being cautious due to lexi, i'm sure everything's fine and i hope you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy xxxxxxxxxx

Hey hon, didn't want to read & run. I think she was probably just being cautious because of your history. Try not to worry, although I know that's easier said than done. :hugs:

edit; sorry I completely forgot - Welcome to team Pink!
xx

I doubt there is something wrong. During my 20 weeks scan some organs measured one week ahead and some were on target, and they always say plus/minus two weeks is fine. I think they are just keeping a close eye on you which is very reassuring :) xxxxx

oh and congrats on your pink bump hun xxx

At my 20 week scan, baby was measuring:

BPD: 46mm
Head Circ: 166mm

So your baby is very close to mine and they weren't worried with me. They probably just being overcautious.

thank you so much ladies. your reasurance is just helping me so much thank you. i feel a little less panicked now. thank god i had you ladies to ask. thank you. fingers crossed my little girl is ok :hugs:

Hunny :hugs:

congrats on team pink too

just wanted to say read a post the other day
with same thing as you head measuring slighlty smaller
and can be NOTHING to worry about that babies do tend
to be different sizes and a week in diff is nothing to be concerned about
its highly possible the sonographer didnt just measure up correctly or angle slightly off once all looking healthy babe i wudnt worry about it

I was admitted to L&D there at 29weeks
i had scan on the wed night i was 28+6 and the sonographer
made a comment about my sons legs been a little short :shock:
and wanted me to have a growth scan so the next day.. well
i had my growth scan and i mentioned to the other sonographer
how the girl said my babys legs was short and she shrugged her shoulders and said dont see why she told you that for, all looks fine.. and he measured in ok just a little on the small side in general.. which they are monitoring

all sonographers seem to give different answers to everything
but i think they main reason tey taking you back in 2 weeks will be just for reassurance

congrats on healthy babygirl xxxx

well I havent had my 21 week scan yet..but at my gender scan..my babys head was measuring a week behind but said that was fine.I discussed it with my midwife and she said the accuracy margin was 7-10 days with measurements on scan. HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->