Please... Please...Any one had a decreasing HCG doubling time? (3 days to 1.5 days)

Indian Maa

Reaction score
Hi All, Any one had a decreasing HCG doubling time?

This looks unusual and I am scared...no scan before 8 weeks. :(
To be true I am worried about conjoined twins... Illogical?

Had 2.7 days doubling time in 5th week (4.2 days and 4.4 days)
Later changed to 1.5 days in the 6th week (5.3 days and 5.5 days

May I ask why you're concerned about conjoined twins over non-conjoined twins? Conjoined twins are so very, very rare I really don't think it's something you need to worry about. Have you asked your doctor what could be the cause of the decreased doubling time? If the doctor isn't worried, I wouldn't be either.

I have defective tubes...Dr wanted to rule out ectopic and he says there cant be any ectopic now... did not say anything about the decreasing time... we never had an appointment... it was all over the [phone....I have to wait for another week until my scan and appointment

I read that HCG doubling time increases normally from 48 hours to 96 in the following weeks.

In my case it decreased. Isnt it unusual?

I also read that conjoined twins do the twinning much later in early pregnancy... Hence thought may be the HCG doubled later for this reason...I knoww its rare, but a bit worried about this unusual HCG levels...

If you had any type of twin, your hcg would be waaaay higher than normal even if it doubled later. Im not sure why the doubling time decreased, but just under two days is still normal. Each person is different. Also defective tubes dont cause conjoined twins as the tubes are just the pathway for the egg(s) and sperm to go through. Conjoined twins are uber uber rare and happen due to the cells not separating etc correctly. So wont have anything to do with the tubes. What is you hcg at right now?

Hcg levels and doubling rates vary so much. The online ranges are just guides and don't mean anything is wrong if you don't fit. Ex: my hcg was over 18,000 during week 4. Looking at the online ranges, it would have put me in week 6, but I wasn't and baby was fine. Same for the doubling times; it's just a guide, or it's an "at least" and not a limit.

As far as conjoined twins, I'm not sure what you mean by 'twinning later'. They start out as a single egg that splits (as in identical twins) but the splitting isn't complete. (and splitting usually occurs the 1st week after conception) They wouldn't form in week 6, they'd be formed b/4 you even tested positive.

GL

Thanks a lot every one...
Its just thinking everything when you hear about the doubling time decrease, which is unusual... normally doubling time increases over the weeks...levels are with in the range for particular week though...

Once you get past a certain hcg level, it is not only normal but expected for doubling times to decrease.

Once you get past a certain hcg level, it is not only normal but expected for doubling times to decrease.

True but what she is referring to is the change in number of days. If the actual doubling time was decreasing, the number of days to double would increase. But the number of days are decreasing, which means the actual doubling time is increasing.

True but what she is referring to is the change in number of days. If the actual doubling time was decreasing, the number of days to double would increase. But the number of days are decreasing, which means the actual doubling time is increasing.

Ah brain fart. I see what she means. Apparently that is typical of healthy pregnancies with hcg which starts on the low side

Thank you Girlingyork and Orionfox.. I am trying to keep myself positive until my scan next week.. another 7 days to go... thank you again

Ah brain fart. I see what she means. Apparently that is typical of healthy pregnancies with hcg which starts on the low side

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->