Please please help!

everhopeful

Reaction score
For the past 8 nights my little boy has been waking up every half hour to an hour and not been able to get himself back to sleep. I have been feeding him, rocking him and trying to get him back to sleep but it only seems to last 30 mins. I am exhausted and so so drained. When I saw my HV she thought my LO looked very tired too and told me that I need to let him CIO and learn to get himself back to sleep. She suggested that it was not fair to him to teach him that he needs me to get himself back to sleep. Because that is what I am apparently doing!
I never wanted to do the CIO method because its just not who I am and my heart is not in it but I am so so tired and it seems to be getting worse.
So today I have given it a go and he has managed to fall asleep after 30 mins of crying but I am sat here in tears so worried that my Little boy is going to change and that he is going to feel abandoned by me.
Has anyone else got a little one that just doesn't seem to sleep. He used to sleep really well. From about 7.30pm until 4am when he would have a feed and then he used to go back to bed until 7am.
I don't know what to do, I am so lost. This isn't me but my HV suggested that 'pandering' to him was only going to hold him back.
Advice would be appreciated but I really don't want to start a debate.

Thank you for reading!
xx

Your HV sounds very insensitive. You know your baby best. I can't do the CIO either as it breaks my heart. I do let her cry.. but not for very long and not if its more than just tired whining. I'm having a slightly similar issue in that Billie has started waking from about 11pm for an hour or so and theres nothing I can do to get her to fall bak to sleep again.

Don't worry.. a little crying (as opposed to crying til he's exhausted) won't hurt and he won't feel abandoned. :hugs: Hopefully its just a short phase he's going through... though I would check temp etc just to rule out any bug or illness thats making him feel uncomfortable. Good luck.. hope you both get a good nights sleep soon x

Oh.. Billie was waking up lots in the night and it turned out she was getting chilly despite having vest, sleepsuit and warm gro bag. I bought a padded sleep suit to use with the gro bag instead and it worked wonders. Just a thought :shrug:

it could be his teeth. does he have a dummy? if not try soothing him with that and some teething gel at night. i think feedinghim in the night again sets him up for a bad habit.

good luck!...rememeber it wont last forever x

were exactly the same. jacob used to sleep from 8-8 and nothign could wake him up. now he is waking loads through the night, he isnt just crying though he get quite upset. he started waking up properly at 6.30am then it keeps getting an hour earlier each week. i think i made the wrong decision by bringing him into our room on a morning to get a bit of peace. really dont think that has helped. might have to be a bit more stronger and not give in as easy.

thank you for all your advice. He has gone to sleep now without any crying but I'm sure he'll be up soon. I'm just so desperatly tired and I can't catch up during the day because he only takes quick 30 min naps and I just can't get to sleep that quick!

Thank you!

ohh i thought i was going mad my son started off with cold then the no sleeping then a chest infection was given an inhaler and antibiotics from doctor now hes got a really sore throat screams when he coughs which only makes it worse a red raw bottom im just so knackered this as all gone on over the last 5 days his tooth is just starting to show........i never had any of this with my 2 girls i just hope it dont last for much longer and it does not happen with each new tooth .......the only advise i can give do what you have too i know its hard but it will pass and become a little easier thats the way i try to look at it ..............the joys of motherhood ay when do they really kick in lol

Hugs to you xx Cant be easy but as others have said could it be his teeth, or even hes a bit chilly as its getting colder at nights.

Hope it gets better x

I do keep the heating on overnight. It is set to kick in if it drops below 18 degrees. And there is no sign of teeth yet although he does chew on everything!
Last night was much much better! He work every two hours or so rather than every half hour!
Thanks for all the advice!

Sounds like teeth to me, have you tried rubbing a wee bit of teething gel on his gums?

Alex is teething alreading he is chewing on everything and dribbling loads.

Glad to hear he was a wee bit better last night xx

I hate HV with a passion, they seem to not care round my area and treat them like a peice of meat. If yr not comfortable doing cio dont do it, its yr baby not the HV im sure theres other methods of baby sleeping. I could of written yr thread myself, altho im not doin the cio im guna ride it out and see what happens but at the moment im sooooooooooooooo tired! so big :hug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->