Please read you may be able to help me!

wldgreen

Mom 2boys &2 Angel babies
Reaction score
I am ttc after a MMC and a MC, I feel I have taken the steps needed for a healthy baby however, I do have the hetro MTHFR and very confused about the whole situation. I just visited with my GYN and he stated once I get pregnanct I will be watched every two weeks. I have started prenatal vitamins, 1 baby asprin, and 800mcg of folic acid. I quit smoking 6 months ago and started exercising to make sure my body was healthy. My MMC was at 18 weeks and my Chloe's spinal cord did not grow into her brain it split. My second MC was at 6-8 weeks. The doctor seems to think this MC was more from the MTHFR. I am seeing a Vascular Medicine doctor tomorrow for the MTHFR to make sure it is in check sort of speaking.
My husband and I have decided to wait and try and get back to a "normal" life before we jumped into trying again. Now that we are both ready and scarred I am trying to make sure I do everything I can to make sure my body is ready to carry a healthy baby.
Please if you have any information on my condition or have gone through this and have a story please share with me. If you have any other recommendations to help me carry a healthy baby please let me know.
Thank you all for your support! :hugs:

hun go to your doc and up your folic acid to 5mg

i have a mild form of spina bifida often called the invisable SB. many people have it and just don't know as there are no symptoms usally

i get the 5mg dose to prevent my baby having SB of any form

hope this helps

xxxxx

I am homo 677 MTHFR. From what I understand from all of my research is that you need l-methylfolate. It is a broken down form of folic acid that your body can readily use. I have been on it since May when we found out about the MTHFR after my first miscarriage. I take Deplin, a lot of people take Metanx though. Its prescription only. You also need to be on B vits, I take a methylated B-12 and a B complex. I have had another miscarriage since then, so they have started me on baby aspirin and progesterone (at my request.) I also take prenatals, Vit C, Vit D, and fish oil. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->