Please recommend a bottle brand for me!

Julesillini8

2 Girls, baby #3 cookin
Reaction score
Hey everyone. i am breastfeeding but need help with a bottle brand recommendstion.My baby girl is 7 wks old. The past few weeks we have begun to occasionally give a bottle with expressed milk as I have had various dr appointments, an upcoming wedding, etc. I need my baby to be able to take a bottle here and there. I used dr browns with my first daughter, no problem. I loved these bottles ( I worked part time so she got 2 bottles of breast milk a day those two days) and my daughter took them well early on. This second baby HATES them. Won't drink an ounce, never latches on to the bottle nipple, pushes the nipple out, if milk does get in her mouth she drools it out, screaming as soon as the nipple goes in. It's just a horrible experience and we have been trying here and there for a few weeks now, hoping she learns and gets more used to it. but no! Decided I need to try another brand. Can anyone recommend a bottle brand they loved that is very close to the real deal, she loves to nurse. Thanks!

What about NUK? I've heard a lot if mothers who combi feed or ebm use these. Or MAM if you have them over there?

my kids combi fed and really liked the playtex drop in ones. they liked the wide nipple.

Thanks for the input. I am going to try to find and buy one of each of these brands and hope something works!

I would try the Avent bottles. They have a sort of square type nipple, baby might like that better. :shrug:

NUK didnt work for us when it came to bottle and breast feeding. If he had Tommee Tippee bottles he was fine. But got terribly confused with NUK, not sure why. We use NUK now as we are full time formula feeding. I still like the brand even though it didnt work with us when we were BFing.

Tried nuk and Avent. No success yet. I have a MAM one coming today, then will get a playtex one. I think she just doesn't like a plastic nipple period, no matter which kind. We will just have to keep trying I guess....

Tommie tippie are awesome! I started out breast feeding and actually gave dd a bottle right away from day one and she went back and forth no issues

Tried nuk and Avent. No success yet. I have a MAM one coming today, then will get a playtex one. I think she just doesn't like a plastic nipple period, no matter which kind. We will just have to keep trying I guess....

My lo didn't get on with nuk or avent (she had colic.) Mam bottles have a 'silk' teat and don't feel the same as normal plastic teats so maybe you'll have more luck with them, the teat is also wider and a different shape to most, good bottles for colic too.

You might have been warned about these leaking and they can but just make sure the rubber seal is pushed into the bottom of the bottle part properly and that the bottom is screwed in tight and straight to the body of the bottle (hope that makes sense) if you do eventually use any formula boil the kettle 20 mind before you make the bottle :thumbup:

Well, I came across this replacement nipple that was made by Enfamil and it was more of a soft silicone yellow nipple. I'm not sure how to explain it better, but it didn't feel like most of the other bottle nipples out there.

When I weaned my LO onto formula from breast milk at 7 months he hated it! I couldn't get him to have any bottles- tried avent tommie yippie dr browns

Then I tried nubby- so nipple like. He loves them now and we've never looked back!

Hope this helps xx

So here's what ive tried: tommy tippee, Avent, playtex, MAM, nuby, and dr browns wide. Here's whatorked, Lansinoh momma nipple in an Avent bottle. She has drank about 3 oz out of it for the last 3-4 days. We offer one bottle of expressed milk daily for awhile now to get her used to taking a bottle. I hope the success in the past few days continues.... Thanks for your input! It's stressful when baby refuses a bottle!

My friend breastfed and expressed and she fount that the nubby ones was really good xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->