please say im not the only one ?

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
with a 7 month old which gets up every hour grisling and still feeds through he night ? hes been like this since he was born ive still not had more than 3 hours undisturbed sleep, his teeth are alot better now his colics gone his reflux is getting there, he falls asleep after bottle only has 2 naps in the day, i cant just work out why he keeps waking ??? :sleep:

awww hun i really feel for u :( hope some one has some answers for u :hugs:

Are you sure he's not getting more teeth? Sam's always been a good sleeper but at around Charlie's age he was the same as his first teeth started coming through and I'm sure he'll be awake all night again with the next ones too...hoping it's not too soon!

Hope he starts sleeping better for you soon :hugs: x

Are you sure he's not getting more teeth? Sam's always been a good sleeper but at around Charlie's age he was the same as his first teeth started coming through and I'm sure he'll be awake all night again with the next ones too...hoping it's not too soon!

Hope he starts sleeping better for you soon :hugs: x

he has 2 at the bottom i was wondering if he was getting more ive felt at the top and nothing i will have a proper look later though but has been like this since the day he was born :hissy::sleep:

He shouldn't be getting up every hour to feed at that age... there must be some other reason, that is just crazy.

would he eat more in the day cause when Riley needs his food uping in the day he will wake at night and he woke the other night cause of his top teeth coming through but now its popped through he should go back to normal routine

sorry i can't help you because my baby is the same. We are on the same boat

No answers for you, sorry, just hugs as I still get up at least twice and my ds is 19 mths. I know how frustrating it is. xxx.

Valerie has started to wake up once a night for a feeding. I'm not understanding why, but I think it may be due to a tooth coming in or something. But feeding every hour is another story...I would really try and feed him a lot during the day. He may not be getting full throughout the day and making up for it throughout the night. I wish I could be more of a help!

Max gets up during the night ..I sued to feed him but now I just give him his dummy and go back to bed and he falls alseep ..he will wake again at 6am for milk but I find its too early still as he goes to bed at 10pm so he can tough it out a lil more unless he is really crying .

Sorry you are still going through this hun. We just stopped feeding Connor at night because we think he was just doing it out of habit/comfort because he eats more then enough during the day. He cried a few times like crazy the first two days and by the third day he hasn't woken for a night feed. So far so good.... it's only been two nights. He was doing pretty good until he got his teeth in last month, hopefully he will wait awhile for his top teeth! As long as he is eating enough during the day he shouldn't have to wake for a feed more then once I would assume. Good luck hun :hugs: I hope it gets better soon.

hi hun lilys pretty much exactly the same! she still gets terrible wind too, wakes up 3-4 times a night and needs 2 bottles too! x

He shouldn't be getting up every hour to feed at that age... there must be some other reason, that is just crazy.

no hes not up feeding every hour he feeds twice in the night but hes up grisling every hour!

would he eat more in the day cause when Riley needs his food uping in the day he will wake at night and he woke the other night cause of his top teeth coming through but now its popped through he should go back to normal routine

thats the thing aswell hes not that interested in solids he wont have much in the day :hissy:

Valerie has started to wake up once a night for a feeding. I'm not understanding why, but I think it may be due to a tooth coming in or something. But feeding every hour is another story...I would really try and feed him a lot during the day. He may not be getting full throughout the day and making up for it throughout the night. I wish I could be more of a help!

no he doesnt feed every hour he feeds twice in night but is grisling every hour that would be a nightmare if he was feeding every hour haha

Sorry you are still going through this hun. We just stopped feeding Connor at night because we think he was just doing it out of habit/comfort because he eats more then enough during the day. He cried a few times like crazy the first two days and by the third day he hasn't woken for a night feed. So far so good.... it's only been two nights. He was doing pretty good until he got his teeth in last month, hopefully he will wait awhile for his top teeth! As long as he is eating enough during the day he shouldn't have to wake for a feed more then once I would assume. Good luck hun :hugs: I hope it gets better soon.

thanks! the last 2 days hes managed have a whole jar each feed in the day which is a lot better before that he would hardly have half a jar , i also think with charlie its just a comfort thing :hissy:

hi hun lilys pretty much exactly the same! she still gets terrible wind too, wakes up 3-4 times a night and needs 2 bottles too! x

i was wondering if charlie still has a bit of wind he had such bad colic but the hours of crying finally went at 6 months and ive noticed such a change hes so much happier , hope she gets better soon xx

Just over 6 months but Ruby is exactly the same, she has never slept through, not even till like the early hours. She gets fed once during the night but not without trying umpteen times to give her her dummy. She'll go to sleep about 8.30pm but without fail every single night between 11pm and 12am she wakes up, sometimes takes her dummy and goes back to sleep for an hour before needing fed other times I fight with her for an hour before giving in and feeding her, but then she doesn't settle properly after a feed, she'll be up grisling like Charlie constantly through the night.

She gets 4 7oz bottles plus 3 decent sized meals a day, but like Charlie she was a nightmare with the colic and wind so maybe her tummy still bothers her slightly, but then she'll sleep for a good 3 hours to start with.

So really Coz I can't help you cause I'm in the same boat as you. xx

Just over 6 months but Ruby is exactly the same, she has never slept through, not even till like the early hours. She gets fed once during the night but not without trying umpteen times to give her her dummy. She'll go to sleep about 8.30pm but without fail every single night between 11pm and 12am she wakes up, sometimes takes her dummy and goes back to sleep for an hour before needing fed other times I fight with her for an hour before giving in and feeding her, but then she doesn't settle properly after a feed, she'll be up grisling like Charlie constantly through the night.

She gets 4 7oz bottles plus 3 decent sized meals a day, but like Charlie she was a nightmare with the colic and wind so maybe her tummy still bothers her slightly, but then she'll sleep for a good 3 hours to start with.

So really Coz I can't help you cause I'm in the same boat as you. xx

oh im just so glad im not the only one, people keep saying try this try that but i think ive tryed it all , i just dont understand, charlie also goes to sleep at 8.30 and has 3 meals a day and drinks 7-9 oz bottles a day every 4 hours xx

Perhaps you have to try being tough & not feed him, just try to get him back to sleep without a feed. He sounds as though he is having plenty of food throughout the day, so he shouldn't really be waking for food during the night, as you said, it's probably the comfort thing. Have you ever tried giving him a little porridge or weetabix before bed after his last bottle? Jack always has supper now & it helps him sleep through. Hope it gets better for you soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->