Please some advice/help/info regarding heart problems

Hi there, the surgery is usually dine via catheter which i believe is no bother and v quick. Erin's pda measured 8mm and so the decision was taken that it was too big for catheter and so it was heart surgery. The went in through her back but as all surgeons (in my experience) they felt the need to tell us that they would stop and go through the front if they met any complications - luckily they didn't. The scar was about 2 inches and is now barely visible. Think they go through ribs. They did go into every detail, which my husband listen to and i closed my ears. All i wanted to know was how long in surgery and how long in hospital. She was in surgery for about an hour and a half all in which is is relatively short i believe but the longest time of my life. She moved from icu to high dep and then to the ward within about 4 days and every day she lost tubes and looked better, by the end of the week she was standing up in her cot in the hospital trying to climb out! She stayed in a total of 1 week which i believe was longer than some due to her remaining on a trickle of o2. I hate how the doctors forget your a mum when they speak to you but they do a fantastic job - i owe them everything, but hope never to see that surgeon again!!!

Hi... I don't have any experience with preemie babies, but I do with VSD's & heart problems (operations etc too!)
Any Q's feel free to message me xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->