Please someone help :(

MizzPodd

1 girl,1 angel,1 rainbow
Reaction score
I had my appt today and they checked my cervix (every two weeks) he said it was 3.7 cm, last week it was 2.5, and Saturday 3cm. However, he said baby's head is in the funnel triangle part, which is indicating dilation from inside my cervix. :( I'm terrified because it was closed at the top a few weeks ago.

Has anyone had their cervix dilate from the inside, and still deliver at a later gestation week (28 weeks plus) With a 3.7 cm cervix length... I'm only 21 weeks and am sooo scared that I won't make it to 24 :( but he didn't say I was gonna deliver anytime soon. Still the baby's head is in the top part already.
I'm on bed rest still and until delivery, and I think it is why cervix started lengthening again... But ladies am I going to deliver at 24?? Please anyone who has experienced this with their cervix let me know

The probl is not an incompetent cervix, it's that my body goes into preterm labor. I'm on the weekly shots too (wasn't last time) so this is pray fully helping my odds...

Stress is the last thing I know I need, but I just need some reassurance from anybody with this experience. Please someone talk to me :( I just lost my baby girl six months ago from delivering at 18 weeks.... :(

Sorry no advise but didn't want to r&r.

I dilated 5cm at 21 weeks and had an emergency stitch at 21+5. It was an infection that triggered my labour at 25 weeks. I would say as your cervix is lengthening then it is a good sign it isn't opening anytime soon.

Good luck xx

Thank you so much! That makes me breathe a little bit more. It's just overwhelming becuz just when you think everything's good... It happens :(
That sounds really promising about my lengthening? :)

Something similar happened to me and I had to have a rescue cerclage at 20 weeks. I think the cerclage and very strict bed rest are the only things that even got me to 26 weeks..... That is when I delivered.

Thank you! I've been in a couple threads on this forum and ladies like you have been super helpful... I'm doing much better with everything. Oh and I'm on strict bed rest until delivery :) praying for a term baby still :)

I'm not from the preemie section but thought I'd chime in as I was in a very similar situation.at 19 weeks at my scan my cervix was 2.8 and funnelled membranes.my placenta was in the funnel.i was put on bed rest and progesterone supposetries as well as nefidipine and bed rest and I lengthened to 3.i ended up having ds at 36+5!so there is hope.make sure u take bed rest very seriously as I think that is what helped the most.x

Thank you and I am! Dh has a mini frig and everything in arms reach for me in our bedroom:) he's so supportive. I was on bedrest with dd1 until delivery so I am just repeating but of course situation this time is much scarier because of why. Thank you for your story; gives me much hope I will make it to may full term!

I funneled early - by the time I was 20 weeks. I made it to 29+5. :thumbup:

Thank you! And you had two baby girls so that's very inspiring to hear :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"