Please tell lo 4am is NOT playtime

MLC20

Reaction score
LO has been sick all week coughing and spluttering and incredibly clingy. Tonight she decided 4 am was playtime (it's now 5.30am) I feel really bad because I have just got really cross with her for pinching my arms and nipples and kicking me. She's nine months and doesn't understand soon need to get cross plus she's still not well. I just want to cry!

Suns up, I have moved into the spare bedroom and she is finally asleep. Now to try and get more sleep myself.

Our bubb sleeps with us and does this almost every night. We just put him back in his comfy position with his paci --repeatedly. Our big rule is we don't speak to him or engage him with any play during this time, and we don't turn any lights on or move around a lot. It usually takes less than 5 or 10 minutes for him to go back to sleep, and he usually has to have a bottle to help.

She's usually very good these days at sleeping at night and usually comes in with us at 5.30 and goes straight to sleep after a feed. I also don't talk or play with her at this time but, sometimes needs a feed and some rocking. This morning it just wouldn't work (it has happened a couple of times before but, doesn't usually take this long.) Normally I can stay in our bed but she was talking and crying so loud DH would have got grumpy if I stayed in there.

Thanks Kat for the advice
She did go back off for 1 3/4 hours so I got a bit more sleep. I do love waking up with her next to me holding my hand or her hand on my cheek. Makes everything all better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->