Plugged duct… advice?!

Wugz22

Reaction score
I just noticed it a few hours ago. My left boob felt empty and my right boob was still hard up at the top even after I pumped. It hurts to massage, but I've been keeping at it, and pumping every hour or so. It doesn't feel any better! How long does it take to unclog? Any tips?

Get a hot shower, massage alot in the shower, then pump. While ur pumping, push real hard on that spot. I had this last week. I ended up pumping for an entire hour whole pushing gon the clogged part! It was sore the next few days but not hard anymore

The warm shower is a great idea. You can also use a warm towel and massage also.

I'm still pregnant but had this over the weekend. Very painful but the hot shower, hot washcloth and massage/ squeeze really helped. Also lathered up with lanolin nipple cream.

I'm just a bit worried it might cause an infection, especially as Dr Google said to keep breastfeeding to get it to unblock. Bit difficult when baby doesn't arrive for another 7 weeks or so! Anyone have any experience in this?

I had a horrible clogged duct a few weeks ago. :( I pumped and massaged for 35 minutes straight and mine cleared up. I massaged firmly and even used my knuckles to push down and massage the area. I could actually feel the lumps going away during the session. I've also heard to use warm washcloths or wven better the warm shower with massage.

Take lecithin capsules- it works amazingly. I take sunflower lecithin, but soy works too. It is an emulsifier so it keeps the milk from clogging. When you have an actively plugged duct, you can take it 3 times a day, then drop back to one a day for "maintenance." It really helps. I used to get plugged ducts all the time and now hardly ever.

You can read more about it here:

https://kellymom.com/nutrition/vitamins/lecithin/

you can make an awesome warm compress by putting rice in a sock and throwing it in the microwave. took about 3 days for mine to go away, super crappy! keep pumping/nursing and massaging with warm water and compresses. sorry love, mastitis hurts!! Hope you feel better.

Thank you all! I tried these tricks and it's finally unclogged. Single handedly one of the most amazing feelings ever when it came open, OMG. I was having LO nurse for the 300th time yesterday and he pulled off coughing and milk was shooting out like a fire hose. I couldn't get it to stop, it was fabulous :happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->