Plum Organics mighty 4 Tots

wish4baby

Reaction score
We are doing mostly blw, but when we went out of town (for a week) over Thanksgiving, I bought some pouches to give her in case there wasn't anything suitable.
She absolutely loved a certain one I got, but after she ate several of them, I realized they are for toddlers - she's 8 months.
Now I hesitate to buy/give her anymore because it says it's for older babies. It didn't seem too thick or anything, does anyone know if or why it wouldn't be appropriate for an 8 month old? I checked their website but it didn't say why, only that it was for 12 month +
Other than it being 4 combined foods (veg, fruit, yogurt & grain), it seemed no different than the baby version (1 or 2 combined foods).
Could it have something to do with the sugar content I wonder? My 7 year old tasted it and liked it too lol

I give them to my 9 month old too, I wouldn't worry, it doesn't make sense to me why it as toddler either, doesn't seem like anything but a puree...?

Unless it had any added sugar or salt or honey, which should be listed on the ingredients, there shouldn't be any reason why it's not appropriate for a baby. Often it's just a marketing ploy to keep you as a customer - if all foods were for babies 6 months+, then you might be less likely to keep buying them at 12 months unless they are marketed as being for toddlers. A lot of folks want their toddlers to eat more grown up food and to seem to be progressing, so they market to that. I would also guess that it's probably a bit lumpy or chunky, not a smooth puree, so for a baby that has never eaten finger food (and some 12 month olds haven't), it might seem more 'advanced'. My then 6 month old was eating rice cakes for 12+ month olds. But there's no reason why they weren't just as fine for her. If you don't want to go down the puree route though, there are lots of things you can pack that aren't in pouches that would be great if there's no appropriate food. A banana, some blueberries or grapes (if your LO is using a pincer grip now), rice cakes or oatcakes or breadsticks with maybe something to dip like hummus or nut butter or yogurt, sandwiches are also good if your LO can hold them well enough. I also found that most restaurants can manage a bit of bread with butter which is always better than nothing when the menu isn't so baby-friendly. That will at least hold them over along with some milk until the next mealtime.

Thanks! The ingredients don't have sugar or honey listed...
Yeah, I usually pack food for her on our day trips, or even over the weekend, but since it was 8 days I just didn't have the room! And, it was mostly the mess - we were going from one family members house to another so I hated the thought of trying to warmup or even cook food there, then letting LO make her huge mess eating, and then getting her all cleaned up afterwards. So, in this case the pouches worked wonderfully!

I used to buy the Organix toddler meals (meatballs in lentil sauce etc) for my 8month old. She was already eating family food so I ignored the age recommendation. They were just meals I knew I could have ready in a few minutes on those occasions when you just CANT cook from scratch, and were low in salt etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->