• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Plus size models

Also though being on a bigger size or a higher BMI doesn't mean your not active of fit.
Im a hell of a lot more active and fitter then then most of the girls half my size at work.
Plus BMI is a very outdated mode.

Tell that to my MIL. She reckons people with high BMIs should have less baggage allowance on planes. I cant stand the woman.

My reply to her would probably have been along the lines of "ill use her allowance seen as she can clearly fit all she needs in her mouth" :haha:

I think there should be models of all sizes though I don't see that happening any time soon. At least not in high fashion. I did some modelling in university (mostly bathing suit modelling) and I was one of the biggest girls (I'm a size 6 which I think is 10 in uk sizing).

Not exactly related but I don't like when ppl say curvy and actually mean plus size. By definition is curvy is an hourglass; someone with hips, boob, ass.... Not someone who's chubbier. Same way it annoys me when someone with slight curves (like Giselle) is called curvy...wtf? If Giselle is curvy what am I??

I have to agree with that ^^ Curvy is having big boobs and hips and a bum.
It gets mixed up with chubby I think. I have alot of "big" friends who often call themselves "curvy" when they are actually just quite overweight (they are my friends and I love them) but who wants to say Fat when curvy sounds so much nicer I suppose lol.

Im curvy, its just that its one big round curve :haha:

I was thinking about this earlier when looking online for clothes for myself. I came across a 'plus size model' on the h&m site for the larger range. I saw this pic and just thought wow she's stunning, she's a real woman and looks amazing.

So then I thought maybe its just because im larger and I'm always going to proactively defend larger ladies because you can be bigger and beautiful and not unhealthy. So I looked p a picture if a 'normal' model in thier website and to me she just looks unhealthy. Like I want to give her a good hearty meal! I just don't get why they can't meet in the middle somewhere, so that young women who are so easily influenced can see that any size is beautiful.

Here's the links I mean. I don't know how t vocalise very well about what I mean I'm rubbish with words but I think every woman is beautiful in her own right whether she's a 6 or 36, we're all human.

https://tablet.hm.com/gb/product/14576#article=14576-A

https://tablet.hm.com/gb/product/12590#article=12590-A

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back